ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Croydon 29th May 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azmi007
Newly Registered

ILR Success @ Croydon 29th May 2012

Post by azmi007 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 pm

:D Hey Guys Happy to get our ILR sorted yesterday...

Much grateful to this forum, senior members & members!

Mine was a straight forward case.

6 Months WP & 4.5 years Tier 1.

All went smooth at croydon except some scare at the end.

Ground Floor - 11.30AM
Entrance, security check & application check - Went quick & Well!

First Floor - 11.45AM
Payment, Initial Call (Application initiation) [12PM] & BRP [12.30PM] - Went quick & Well!

From 12.45PM till 4PM no call!!!
People came after us were called but no sign of calling us. There were around 10 applicants like us. Was very much frustrated. My wife needed to fly on the 6th June. Was hoping and praying nothing going wrong with the IT system.

Noticed some of the immigration officers were surrounded by IT people. Understood the situ well coz I myself and IT support Eng. Went and spoke to an officer, found that there were some IT issues in getting BRP data into the application processing. The officer said not to worry that they would definitely sort something out on the same day.

The officers came around and got the remaining people ticket number.

At last... at 4PM we were called in and asked to go to the 2nd Floor

Second Floor - 4PM
Was called within 10 minutes by an english lady. She was neither nice nor rude. Went and submitted our application. All she asked was SET(O), PAY SLIPS & BANK STATEMENTS, LIUK CERTS & COHAB DOCS. Even COHAB she only took around three docs (1xCT, 1xWaterBill, 1xElecBill) although I had many thinking it may not be enough.

Asked us to take a seat [4.15PM]. Waited for about 10mins and I realised that I haven't given the Xerox, went and excused. Handed the xerox, then she asked for P60s & WP approval.

She called us around 4.35PM and handed the documents back with a printed letter, then said all fine with your application and BRP will be sent by post (from Swansea) within a week!

That moment was the moment of relief... Phew!

Many many thanks to all!

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience.

Good luck for the future.

azmi007
Newly Registered

Post by azmi007 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Thank you!

:)

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 am

congrats azmi

Tier1immigrant

Re: ILR Success @ Croydon 29th May 2012

Post by Tier1immigrant » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:45 am

Confused as to why she required the P60s and WP approval. :roll:

hsr1972

Re: ILR Success @ Croydon 29th May 2012

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Congratulations for your ILR , I am bit surprised why did they ask for your P60 because it is not a mandatory document .....Can you tell me did you give P60's only for last 1 year ?

cheers
hsr72