ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Mail lost all my documents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

Royal Mail lost all my documents

Post by chaudhry777 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi to all,

i posted my documents for tier4 student visa on 26th jan 2012
received acknowledgement letter after 10 days. after that received letter on 25th jan 2012 that my application fee has been refunded. i paid the application fee by postal order.two dependents also applied along with my application. i called and asked them why they send back the application fee they said they cant answer and they posted documents as well. they gave me tracking no. i check with royal mail but after 10days they confirmed that it has been lost . i informed to ukba that documents has been lost . they send me letter that they are doing investigation and when the outcome of investigation will come they will write to me that letter was send on 13th march since then i have'nt heard anything from them. so my question is where i stand now why they send back the application fee. should i keep waiting for the next letter or send them another fax. what options i have now .

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 pm

Apply on 26th Jan 2012 and get refund on 25 Jan 2012? They refund you in advance or what?

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhry777 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 am

sorry it was 26th feb 2012 please make correction

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Send them as much letters and faxes and get documentary proofs of lost documents. If passports also lost, inform police and inform your embassy as well.

If they dont contact you for ages than? Will you wait? What do you think? What you can do? Do it now!

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhry777 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 pm

ok i will send them letters and fax as well should i contact local MP as level does it help to sort the problem quickly or i informed to my university as well
i can report to police about the lost of passports when ukba confirmed which documents they send me through royal mail.

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

anyone passed through the same situation please advise .....

Post by chaudhry777 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 pm

chaudhry777 wrote:ok i will send them letters and fax as well should i contact local MP as level does it help to sort the problem quickly or i informed to my university as well
i can report to police about the lost of passports when ukba confirmed which documents they send me through royal mail.

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

Urgent help ukba send my document on wrong address

Post by chaudhry777 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:31 pm

send my tier 4 visa on 26th Jan 2012. my visa was expiring on 30th jan 2012 received acknowledgment letter after 10 days received letter on 22nd feb that they are returning back my application fee. then on 24th may received letter that due to administrative mistake they send back my documents on wrong address. they also send me copy of my application decision that it was invalid coz of pictures.that letter was dated 24th feb 2012. my questions are what is my status now , am i overstayed or not how can i challenge ukba for their mistake, if i re apply wht will be the outcome, will it effect my 10 yrs ILR.
if i reapply can i give them photocopies of my supporting documents as i lost all the originals coz of their mistake.
please advise me regarding this matter

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 am

Bro it can't get any worse than this..................

1. I suggest you report your passport to be lost to police & get Crime Ref No.
2. Retain the letters sent by HO acknowledging their mistake of returning your docs to the wrong address.
3. Apply for new passport from your embassy.
4. Get a new CAS letter or existing one if within 6 months period.
5. Prepare for your appropriate maintenance funds.
6. Re-apply with covering letter explaining the entire issue as an out of time application through a solicitor with all evidence.

I am afraid to say you will lose your continuous period of stay and may not qualify for 10 year ILR as invalid application constitutes a break.

This maybe the beginning of your nightmare period, but don't lose hope and prepare yourself for a long wait................

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 am

To be very clear, you can manage to get visa again but for ILR, unfortunately, you need to wait for another 10 years now according to situation.

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhry777 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:07 am

THANKS for your reply and kind suggestion
i already went to my high commission for thse passport
and trying to get supporting documents as early as possible
consult with some solicitor suggesting that they can fight with ukba
to cover up the gap he said that he will file pre action protocol letter to ukba
and in between he will also send my visa application to ukba
solicitor is optimistic that we will be able to win our case based on ukba admitted their mistake and now they will have sympathy in my case plus solicitor will challenge ukba about the objection on picture as we believe that nothing was wrong with the pictures and still i have two copies of the picture with me the letter ukba send they have written once u get your passport inform us any idea why they said like that what probably they have in their mind

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Solicitors always say things like that to almost every applicant as this is only way to en-cash your hope and desires.

I will recommend you to hire the one who has good reputation.

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhry777 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Deviser any good lawyer u want to advise
do u have any idea why at the end of letter ukba asked me once i get my new passport inform what they have in their mind
i know once my my friend who forgotten to send his application before expiring his visa and fortunately he got the visa even after sending 14 days of expiration of visa i consult with the same laywer