ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a student visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oscgv
Newly Registered

Applying for a student visa

Post by oscgv » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:43 pm

Hello, here's my current situation:
I'm an argentine living in argentina planning to study english in london for a year (and may be more)
I've found an institute which is registered in the home office's list and the british council.
I'm going to apply for a student visa next month, I'll pay for the 14 months course and when I get the letter from the institute proving I've paid I'm gonna apply for the student visa at the british embassy here in buenos aires.

I went to the home office's website and all I've found is "Present proper documentation to support your application" but it doesn't say what it is specifically.

Basically I wanna know what documentation I should present for my visa to have high chances of being approved, there are 2 people in london willing to support me (documentation and money wise) and to give me a room in their house, I don't have savings, I'm gonna support myself with whatever part time job I get and doing other stuff as well. One of this people is a lawyer, does that help in any way?
Is there any legal bound of any type between me and my sponsors?
So besides the letter from the institute saying I paid for a course and there's a vacancy waiting for me, what else should I present in order to be succesful?
Does anyone have a link where I can find all this information?

Thanks in advance!

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:36 pm

I'm sure others will chip in with additional hints and tips, but you might find this guidance note on the UKVisas website useful as a starting point. There's also a link in the sidebar to guidance for sponsors.

Incidentally, I've just noticed you posted a similar query in another topic - I've deleted it, in case you wonder.... We don't do duplicates...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:59 am

Your english seems preety good to me :lol:

oscgv
Newly Registered

Post by oscgv » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:24 pm

up?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:39 pm

If no-one else has replied then it usually means no-one else knows the answer. Sorry. You may need to find a lawyer if the information at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk doesn't help.