ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Away days on an ancestry extension?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edthesock
Newly Registered

Away days on an ancestry extension?

Post by edthesock » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:35 am

Hi all.

I recently applied for, and was granted an extension to my ancestry visa. I figured they would give me 6 months. They gave me another 5 years, so I am good till 2017. As it stands right now I have been here the full 5 years and have not gone over my 180 day holiday limit. My question is how many holiday days do I have between now and 2017? I asked the stamp man at LGW last week and he was clueless. I was going to apply for ILR in Sept as I would like to do a 5 month Asia tour in the fall / winter but if I have more freedom I would rather save the £1350 ILR would cost and add a few more months to my travels. So anyone know how long I can be out of the U.K.?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:56 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tats

Post by Tats » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:17 pm

I suggest you get this ILR thing over with as soon as possible, so you won't have to bother about a future application (which may cost a lot more by the time you apply). Perhaps ILR doesn't mean much to you, but delaying it any further might not be the wisest decision.

edthesock
Newly Registered

Post by edthesock » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 am

It does mean a lot and I have decided to go ahead with it in Sept. or Oct. And you are right when you point out that the cost may well go up as things tend to do. I will do the in person thing somewhere other than Croyden even though its closest, I read somewhere on here that they tend to turn lots of people down.

Cheers.