ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension for dependant - required documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lastminute
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension for dependant - required documents

Post by lastminute » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 am

Greetings everyone,

I have applied for tier-1(gen) extension (due to expire on 01 Jul 2012) & have received my acknowledgement letter from UKBA.

Now I want to apply for my dependant i.e. wife. Going through this forum and UKBA, I have the following questions-

a) The only supporting document that I need would be bank statements for 90 days to prove maintenance - is that right? I see many threads here listing numerous documents - UKBA doesn't seem to ask for those...

b) Should the cover letter be from my wife or myself?

c) Where can I find a sample cover letter?

Kindly help.

Thanks!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 extension for dependant - required documents

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 am

Hello Lastminute. I would have posted this query within your previous post. It is easier that way and also encouraged by the moderators.
The replies to your queries are below
lastminute wrote:Greetings everyone,

I have applied for tier-1(gen) extension (due to expire on 01 Jul 2012) & have received my acknowledgement letter from UKBA.

Now I want to apply for my dependant i.e. wife. Going through this forum and UKBA, I have the following questions-

a) The only supporting document that I need would be bank statements for 90 days to prove maintenance - is that right? I see many threads here listing numerous documents - UKBA doesn't seem to ask for those...
Yes and make sure your funds are £800+£533 for the 90 day consecutive period and that the statement is not less than a month old. Also from personal experience, though I applied with my dependent, I did not submit marriage certificate. I just provided an official document which had her name and address. This was only to denote that we live at same address as my bank statement did not carry her name
b) Should the cover letter be from my wife or myself?

c) Where can I find a sample cover letter?

For b and c check here Guidance Tier 1 Dependent
Kindly help.

Thanks!

lastminute
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 extension for dependant - required documents

Post by lastminute » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks silent_warrior... that helps.

Sorry for choosing to post in a separate thread as I thought subjects were different.