ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sagiloyal
Newly Registered

tier 1 extension

Post by sagiloyal » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi All,

I applied for my extension at PEO Sheffield.
Last edited by sagiloyal on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm

If the caseworker verifies with the bank, the application may be refused.
Your risk, your call.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent Extension Query

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:12 am

sagiloyal wrote:Hi All,

I applied for my extension at PEO Sheffield. My visa was approved today. I maintained funds through out the period for 3 months of 1300 pounds. Now i have to apply visa for my wife as dependent here in UK for extension. I have to apply separately because there was drop of funds.

So now my query is as my visa is approved now can I post my wife's dependent visa for extension here in UK now with funds that i showed to my visa ?? I maintained funds for 3 months not less than 1300 pounds.

plz help me.

Many Thanks
Correction: Unfortunately you can't apply with those funds.Please check PBS Dependent Policy Page 10
47. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.

Which means you need to show maintenance fund for yourself and your dependent when applying separately.

Also make sure you put your new PBS reference number (stated on your approval document) in L3. of the PBS application form, and provide the date in L4.
Also make sure that your maintenance funds bank statements are not less than a month old
Last edited by silent_warrior on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 pm

What you can do however is, if you have any other international account under your name, joint names,or just your dependents name name you can use that to cover remaining lacking amount for maintenance funds.(which I think you would only require showing a remaining of £33 equivalent in an international account). You would then be able to use a combination of your funds in UK + International funds