ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skstar

Post by skstar » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Can't wait hubby will be submitting papers just under 2 weeks! :)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm

skstar wrote:Can't wait hubby will be submitting papers just under 2 weeks! :)
:D
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 pm

r4sh1d wrote:If I am to get a letter from my parents that we can stay with them temporarily, if needed, what documents are needed to show that they have the space?

Mortgage documents along with land registry/housing report (this is the bit I want to know about)?
Yes you need a letter confirming they allow u and mrs to stay, maybe better to right if they expect contribution or is it going to be free stay, also u will need the land registry documents and a housing report to confirm property isn't overcrowded.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm

syma wrote:Hi King2B n Zully
Husband received the notice of pending appeal today, the deadline given is 11th OCT. They need more than 6months to review a decision Ukba is beyond me...
It's a shame they are taking so long. Syma it
Can get done earlier as well it's just a dead line they give
Be positive. It's a shame you can't make it for the reception
But we don't get a choice it's all in allah's hand and alert you have
A time scale.
Mine looks as if will be in november or late ocotber.
Hope your ok.

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm

r4sh1d wrote:If I am to get a letter from my parents that we can stay with them temporarily, if needed, what documents are needed to show that they have the space?

Mortgage documents along with land registry/housing report (this is the bit I want to know about)?
If your house is joint owned/or owned by either your mother or father get them to write a letter stating that they are allowing you and your wife to stay at their house rent free and make sure that they sign it, and get a copy of their passport photocopied and get it certified by a solicitor.

Thats what I did. Our house is joint owned so both my mum and dads signature on the letter/passport was photocopied.

And the other documents that I submitted you stated them in your last paragraph.
Last edited by *Nazia on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Why aren't people contacting bhc after 60 days as stated on te website. There is nearly 15 people Who r waiting over 60 days now, you shud state no updates to delays on website as stated on their processing times page.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Shatif wrote:Why aren't people contacting bhc after 60 days as stated on te website. There is nearly 15 people Who r waiting over 60 days now, you shud state no updates to delays on website as stated on their processing times page.
I was telling my husband today to ring the Embassy in Pakistan but he said to me that I should just email them instead. I dont even know what to say in the email. I would have rang myself if I didnt have a problem with my hearing.

What are the email adress and number that I should be contacting?

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Shatif wrote:Why aren't people contacting bhc after 60 days as stated on te website. There is nearly 15 people Who r waiting over 60 days now, you shud state no updates to delays on website as stated on their processing times page.

There is a drastic difrrence in the attitudes of people among different embassies. If you call abu dhabhi embassy they will listen to you and give you time as long as you want.

However If you call islamabad embassy they will attend the call say hello and as long as you say that i need to enquire abt my passport they will put ur call on computer recording....
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:53 pm

*Nazia wrote:
I was telling my husband today to ring the Embassy in Pakistan but he said to me that I should just email them instead. I dont even know what to say in the email. I would have rang myself if I didnt have a problem with my hearing.

@ shatif & Nazia

I have already emailed them twice but the reply is same. Copy n Paste. Obviously they are living in Pakistan; can't change their habit of copy n paste........looolz
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 pm

*Nazia wrote:

00 971 26101100 number of abu dhabi embassy if you contact them they will give u details abt ur applicaion for sure

I found this way workin only. Coz i didnt get any replies of my email

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Gregarious wrote:
*Nazia wrote:

@ shatif & Nazia

I have already emailed them twice but the reply is same. Copy n Paste. Obviously they are living in Pakistan; can't change their habit of copy n paste........looolz

Lolz copy n paste:-).

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:57 pm

waqashabib1 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:

00 971 26101100 number of abu dhabi embassy if you contact them they will give u details abt ur applicaion for sure

I would have called them myself but as I am deaf I cant and I dont think my husband will do it.

I might get someone to ring up on my behalf and ask what is going on with the visa.

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Gregarious wrote:
*Nazia wrote:

@ shatif & Nazia

Can you share email adress?

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm

@ Nazia

I agreed with Mr. Waqas. That there is change of attitude of BHC, Islamabad and BHC, Abu Dhabi.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 pm

waqashabib1 wrote:
Gregarious wrote:
*Nazia wrote:

@ shatif & Nazia

Email enquiries

If you have any questions or require information on the visa application process in Pakistan, please email Gerry's, free of charge, using the email addresses below.

Please mark your email queries to the attention of the customer service team.

Islamabad

isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Karachi

khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Lahore

lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Mirpur

mirpurvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

You can send emails in Urdu and English and you will receive a reply in one of these languages. Gerry's will aim to respond to your email enquiry within 1 working day.

Telephone enquiries

For PTCL land lines: 090010411
From UK: 0871-7043005
All mobile providers dial short code: 8865

These are premium rate numbers and you will be charged at the rate of PKR 10 per minute.

Opening hours: Monday - Saturday, 08:00 - 12 midnight
Languages offered: Urdu, English and Pashto

http://www.ukvacpk.com/callcentre.html

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 pm

*Nazia wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:

I would have called them myself but as I am deaf I cant and I dont think my husband will do it.

I might get someone to ring up on my behalf and ask what is going on with the visa.
Oh so sorry to hear this. But try that your husband call himself as thay ask for personal details which might not be good to share with others

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:12 pm

*Nazia wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:
Gregarious wrote:
@ shatif & Nazia

Email enquiries

If you have any questions or require information on the visa application process in Pakistan, please email Gerry's, free of charge, using the email addresses below.

Islamabad

isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Karachi

khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Lahore

lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Mirpur

You can send emails in Urdu and English and you will receive a reply in one of these languages. Gerry's will aim to respond to your email enquiry within 1 working day.

Telephone enquiries

These are premium rate numbers and you will be charged at the rate of PKR 10 per minute.

Thanks nazia. But i want email adresses of embassies from where i can get some clue about my application. As me and mr gergragious are closing 80 days mark now

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:17 pm

@ Waqas

You can see the copy n paste reply mentioned below.

Dear Mr. ------------,

Thank you for your email of 28/05/2012 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can.

The process on your visa application will be completed soon and it will be returned to Gerry’s VAC for your collection. You can check status for collection of your application from Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com

Thank you,

visaenquir​ies.islamab​ad@fco.gov.​uk (for you)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 pm

waqashabib1 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:
Gregarious wrote:
@ shatif & Nazia

Email enquiries

Islamabad

isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Karachi

khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Lahore

lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Mirpur

Telephone enquiries

Thanks nazia. But i want email adresses of embassies from where i can get some clue about my application. As me and mr gergragious are closing 80 days mark now
Thats all the email adresses they have on UKBA website, and they also have a complaint email adress if you have any complaints...

Sorry I wasnt much help bro, thats all I could find.

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:33 pm

*Nazia wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:
Email enquiries

Islamabad

isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Karachi

khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Lahore

lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

Mirpur

Telephone enquiries

Thats all the email adresses they have on UKBA website, and they also have a complaint email adress if you have any complaints...

Sorry I wasnt much help bro, thats all I could find.
Dont worry sis

Dats a gud thing in this forum.everybody can understand each others pain and ready to help each other. Your help is truly benificial.

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:34 pm

The more people that ring / email to complain, the more chance there is of ukba doing something about it. If not many people complain then nothing will be done.

I have said this before, we are customers of the ukba, we pay a large amount of money and expect a service. If service levels are not met then there should be accountability and an explanation as to why. Just like any other organisation is accountable,the ukba is too..

If your application is past 60 days i urge you to call / email bhc and copying in the complaints email address... They have a duty to respond
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:46 pm

waqas - totally agree with you there is a complete difference in attitude when u ring abu dhabi...but will they still help if your application is being handled in islamabad?

Gregarious - thats the exact same email i got lol
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:47 pm

and gerrys are no help at all!!!

they email you really quick but all they will say is they have no part in the application process...all they do is contact you once they have your passport....heard it all before!!!
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for the responses.

My question was aimed more at the land registry document. How long does it take to get one? Does it have the information about number of rooms in the house?
Shatif wrote:Yes you need a letter confirming they allow u and mrs to stay, maybe better to right if they expect contribution or is it going to be free stay, also u will need the land registry documents and a housing report to confirm property isn't overcrowded.
*Nazia wrote:If your house is joint owned/or owned by either your mother or father get them to write a letter stating that they are allowing you and your wife to stay at their house rent free and make sure that they sign it, and get a copy of their passport photocopied and get it certified by a solicitor.

Thats what I did. Our house is joint owned so both my mum and dads signature on the letter/passport was photocopied.

And the other documents that I submitted you stated them in your last paragraph.

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 pm

r4sh1d wrote:Thanks for the responses.

My question was aimed more at the land registry document. How long does it take to get one? Does it have the information about number of rooms in the house?
Shatif wrote:Yes you need a letter confirming they allow u and mrs to stay, maybe better to right if they expect contribution or is it going to be free stay, also u will need the land registry documents and a housing report to confirm property isn't overcrowded.
*Nazia wrote:If your house is joint owned/or owned by either your mother or father get them to write a letter stating that they are allowing you and your wife to stay at their house rent free and make sure that they sign it, and get a copy of their passport photocopied and get it certified by a solicitor.

The land registry can be obtained online , though on public working days you won't be able to purchase and download a copy. All it states is the name of the owner of the house, this is important .

My cousin applied for his wife visa and it got accepted last year, all he had was a copy of the land registry, council tax document and a copy of the mortgage, all in his fathers name . I realise solicitors state you need a document to state how many rooms you have but I feel its a money making scheme for them .

I applied for my wifes visa and just included a copy of the land registry and a copy of the council tax and a letter from my father stating how many people live in the house, the amount if bedrooms and rooms which exclude Spam and bathroom . And also that I can stay without any financial obligations with my wife .

We shall wait and see if they accept my application, but gerrys check the documents once you are at their centre and they told my wife the documents are all good