ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:34 pm

*Nazia wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
Shatif wrote:Why aren't people contacting bhc after 60 days as stated on te website. There is nearly 15 people Who r waiting over 60 days now, you shud state no updates to delays on website as stated on their processing times page.
I was telling my husband today to ring the Embassy in Pakistan but he said to me that I should just email them instead. I dont even know what to say in the email. I would have rang myself if I didnt have a problem with my hearing.

What are the email adress and number that I should be contacting?
00 971 26101100 number of abu dhabi embassy if you contact them they will give u details abt ur applicaion for sure

I found this way workin only. Coz i didnt get any replies of my email
I would have called them myself but as I am deaf I cant and I dont think my husband will do it.

I might get someone to ring up on my behalf and ask what is going on with the visa.
My wife has called a couple of times, same usual typical reply!

Quite alot of members from the Dec/Jan period got their MPs to contact the embassy on their behalf. Maybe us lot should do that aswel.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:57 pm

Application reference number xxxxxxxx

Dear sir/madam

I am writing to you with regards to my application submitted on xx/xx/xxxx at application centre xxxxxx.

As stated on your website the standard levels for processing times is as follow,

Service standards
We have service standards for processing UK visa applications in Pakistan. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date; and
95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.
Please note that we define one week as 5 working days.

If our visa processing service is experiencing delays, we will publish a news story on this website to explain what is happening. You can find recent news stories on the right side of this page.

If we have taken more than 3 weeks (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email the Gerry's, who will forward your email to us for reply

As you can see my application is over the 60 days and I have still not heard anything from yourself or Gerrys. I am very dissapointed with the level of service I have received as I have emailed gerrys on a number on occasions and nobody has even had the courtesy to reply to my emails. I would also like to bring to your attention as it clearly states on the website any delays experienced will be updated on the website again this has not been done.

Please can you advise how long the application will take and what are the delays as I am now on my xx working day.

Please can you advise the status of my application also advise how long this going to take as I find the service levels are very poor and unacceptable as visa processing standards are not being met.

I look forward to receiving a personal email rather than a generic email.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself if you require any further information.

Kind Regards

Xxxxxx xxxxxx

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:00 am

Maybe something along these lines, you could tweak this.

I would say check the contents if you decide to use this as I'm on phone and may have structural mistakes in it.

Hope this helps but you should definitely contact them there are 15 people who are still waiting for outcome who are over the 60 day mark.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 am

m3y wrote:The more people that ring / email to complain, the more chance there is of ukba doing something about it. If not many people complain then nothing will be done.

I have said this before, we are customers of the ukba, we pay a large amount of money and expect a service. If service levels are not met then there should be accountability and an explanation as to why. Just like any other organisation is accountable,the ukba is too..

If your application is past 60 days i urge you to call / email bhc and copying in the complaints email address... They have a duty to respond
I totally agree people get your mps involved, email them and cc complaints also.

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:21 am

assadullah wrote:The land registry can be obtained online , though on public working days you won't be able to purchase and download a copy. All it states is the name of the owner of the house, this is important .

My cousin applied for his wife visa and it got accepted last year, all he had was a copy of the land registry, council tax document and a copy of the mortgage, all in his fathers name . I realise solicitors state you need a document to state how many rooms you have but I feel its a money making scheme for them .

I applied for my wifes visa and just included a copy of the land registry and a copy of the council tax and a letter from my father stating how many people live in the house, the amount if bedrooms and rooms which exclude Spam and bathroom . And also that I can stay without any financial obligations with my wife .

We shall wait and see if they accept my application, but gerrys check the documents once you are at their centre and they told my wife the documents are all good
that makes it clearer, thanks. if it is not too much hassle getting a housing report, i might do just to be on the safe side.

so the docs for housing will be:
- letter signed by both parents saying i can stay, stating rooms and whether i am expected to pay
- copies of parents passports
- land registry report
- housing report
- council tax statement
- copy of mortage document

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:35 am

r4sh1d wrote:
assadullah wrote:The land registry can be obtained online , though on public working days you won't be able to purchase and download a copy. All it states is the name of the owner of the house, this is important .

My cousin applied for his wife visa and it got accepted last year, all he had was a copy of the land registry, council tax document and a copy of the mortgage, all in his fathers name . I realise solicitors state you need a document to state how many rooms you have but I feel its a money making scheme for them .

I applied for my wifes visa and just included a copy of the land registry and a copy of the council tax and a letter from my father stating how many people live in the house, the amount if bedrooms and rooms which exclude Spam and bathroom . And also that I can stay without any financial obligations with my wife .

We shall wait and see if they accept my application, but gerrys check the documents once you are at their centre and they told my wife the documents are all good
that makes it clearer, thanks. if it is not too much hassle getting a housing report, i might do just to be on the safe side.

so the docs for housing will be:
- letter signed by both parents saying i can stay, stating rooms and whether i am expected to pay
- copies of parents passports
- land registry report
- housing report
- council tax statement
- copy of mortage document
Yes those documents listed for housing are correct , best of luck

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 am

And remember to get the passport copies attested by a solicitor to show they are legitimate

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:40 am

*Y3NVY* wrote:waqas - totally agree with you there is a complete difference in attitude when u ring abu dhabi...but will they still help if your application is being handled in islamabad?

Gregarious - thats the exact same email i got lol
Yes despite being told different things from gerry's perosns. i called abu dhabhi from where i came to know that my application i s being handled in islamad and they gave me thier internal reference number for my application as wel. As well as they clearly told me that all settlment applications from pakistan are handled in islamabad embassy now
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:41 am

Gregarious wrote:@ Waqas

You can see the copy n paste reply mentioned below.

Dear Mr. ------------,

Thank you for your email of 28/05/2012 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can.

The process on your visa application will be completed soon and it will be returned to Gerry’s VAC for your collection. You can check status for collection of your application from Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com

Thank you,

visaenquir​ies.islamab​ad@fco.gov.​uk (for you)
hahahaha... i will get the same reply too as other persons are getting the same emails..lolz

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:45 am

Shatif wrote:
m3y wrote:The more people that ring / email to complain, the more chance there is of ukba doing something about it. If not many people complain then nothing will be done.

I have said this before, we are customers of the ukba, we pay a large amount of money and expect a service. If service levels are not met then there should be accountability and an explanation as to why. Just like any other organisation is accountable,the ukba is too..

If your application is past 60 days i urge you to call / email bhc and copying in the complaints email address... They have a duty to respond
I totally agree people get your mps involved, email them and cc complaints also.
How to involve your MP's? how can we access them?

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Re: Family Friends

Post by dolphin10 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

In respect of my earlier postings here, I have been able to get some more facts from my friends who are currently in Pakistan trying to submit papers.
I have been told that when they went to Gerrys in Lahore on Thursday 31st May, they met up with a solicitor who had been recommended to them by the organisation which runs English Language Courses( this where the husband took the course and subsequently passed the test)
Apparently the solicitor with the name of Masood Lali took their original papers and handed back the copies stating he needs time to study the documents as there is a slight twist in this case because of "overstay" problem.
Why would he take the original papers from them? There is nothing in the documents to give him clue as to how to overcome the issue of "overstay". Those documents were sent from the UK by the Wife to demonstrate her ability to support her husband. This Masood Lali has informed them that he will ring them up on Wednesday or Thursday with an appointment. I am concerned that original papers should be with this so called solicitor. Any comments from the community here !
dolphin10 wrote:Thank you for your reply.
I have just spoken to couple regarding 3000 rupee fee. I have been told there
was a solicitor there who took the fee and their documents for inspection.
I think they are going to get an appointment on Wednesday to submit their online application.
Although the couple got married in Pakistan in December 2011, the husband of my friend was an overstayer in the UK.
The wife is a British subject, she met her husband in the UK and fell inlove with him. On discovering that he was an overstayer, she decided to do the right thing and asked him to leave the country on voluntary basis. She later married him in Pakistan and now applying for him to come over as her husband.
She is aware of the fact that there will be a slight tweak in this application, there is likelihood that he will be refused and the case might have to go to appeal. Comments welcomed
*Y3NVY* wrote:
dolphin10 wrote:I am helping a couple with their spouse application.
They went to Gerry's at the Lahore branch yesterday where they were
charged 3000 rupees for inspection of their papers. They were told that an agent would look at their documents and ring them for an appointment next Tuesday.
Having read on the forum here that Gerry's office is closed on Monday and Tuesday, I advised my friends that they should contact the agent and request an appointment for Wednesday or Thursday.
Can someone who has been through the procedure advise whether the agent at Gerrys should have given them a date for appointment there and then as the couple is based in Faisalabad.
I have read elsewhere that there should be no charge for the appointment, so where does this figure of 3000 rupees come from.
Thanks in advance
hey i may be wrong but as far as i know hubby never had to pay anything at gerrys other tjan the application fee...he only paid an additional 200 rupees for the text alert servixe and thats optional...and ive never heard of them sending people back to come another day after taking money from them :?

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:19 am

@dolphin10

These are dodge agents; don't trust them. If you want to fill online form you can do it yourself and print out and sent it to your hubby.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

m3y

Post by m3y » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:25 am

Shatif wrote:Application reference number xxxxxxxx

Dear sir/madam

I am writing to you with regards to my application submitted on xx/xx/xxxx at application centre xxxxxx.

As stated on your website the standard levels for processing times is as follow,

Service standards
We have service standards for processing UK visa applications in Pakistan. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date; and
95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

If our visa processing service is experiencing delays, we will publish a news story on this website to explain what is happening. You can find recent news stories on the right side of this page.

If we have taken more than 3 weeks (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email the Gerry's, who will forward your email to us for reply

As you can see my application is over the 60 days and I have still not heard anything from yourself or Gerrys. I am very dissapointed with the level of service I have received as I have emailed gerrys on a number on occasions and nobody has even had the courtesy to reply to my emails. I would also like to bring to your attention as it clearly states on the website any delays experienced will be updated on the website again this has not been done.

Please can you advise how long the application will take and what are the delays as I am now on my xx working day.

Please can you advise the status of my application also advise how long this going to take as I find the service levels are very poor and unacceptable as visa processing standards are not being met.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself if you require any further information.

Kind Regards

Xxxxxx xxxxxx
Great templatefor people to use, peeople over 60 days should email this to both islamabad and abu dhabi bhc and also copy in the complaints email address.

Hopefully you should get a reponse, you can also get your MP involved it is their job to help in these situations.
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Post by dolphin10 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:37 am

Thank you Gregarious, I am helping the wife who is a British citizen but not very literate. I am concerned that this so called agent took the original papers off them without any receipts. I would like to have trust in ordinary folks but the more I get to know about thses sharks the worse it gets. I will know more about it on Thursday.
Gregarious wrote:@dolphin10

These are dodge agents; don't trust them. If you want to fill online form you can do it yourself and print out and sent it to your hubby.

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Post by dolphin10 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:39 am

Great template thanks for posting!
m3y wrote:
Shatif wrote:Application reference number xxxxxxxx

Dear sir/madam

Service standards

Kind Regards

Xxxxxx xxxxxx

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:39 am

@dolphin10

where is she located?
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:19 am

Ok I have a question, once you have submitted the application and if you realise that there was a minor mistake in your application then can you write BHC a letter stating all that? Or once you have submitted the application then there is no way back? (I know how stupid I sound)

Thanks in advance

Mush2012

Post by Mush2012 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 am

sazkhan wrote:Ok I have a question, once you have submitted the application and if you realise that there was a minor mistake in your application then can you write BHC a letter stating all that? Or once you have submitted the application then there is no way back? (I know how stupid I sound)

Thanks in advance
AOA sazkhan,

as there is no notes regarding mistakes on the UKBA site, the best thing would be to send an email from applicants email account giving their reference number and the correction.

This would be proof that an attempt to rectify the mistake has been made, if a refusal was given because of this mistake.

This comes to the point I always make to my kids “Act in haste, repent at leisure”, as your application is so important to you, then read over it a dozen times and then put it forward.

UKBA expect applicants to give the application their 100% concentration and do not cater for any additional information or documentation after application has been presented to them.

As this is stated on their website, it may mean minor/major errors made in applications and then corrections sent at a later date will not be accepted.

Then again, you can only give it a try, and hope they accept the correction.

Allah hafiz

*Y3NVY*

letter to mp

Post by *Y3NVY* » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 pm

THIS IS THE EMAIL MY MP GOT FROM THE BHC WHEN HE EMAILED THEM TO ASK ABOUT MY HUBBY'S APPLICATION

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email correspondence on behalf of Mr Syed, currently resident in Pakistan, about his application for entry clearance to join his wife in the UK.

Our published service standard for applications for entry clearance in settlement categories is to decide 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.

Mr Syed's application was lodged on 12 March and we are currently working to resolve the application within our published service standard.

We will only expedite applications where there are exceptional and compelling reasons to do so (such as the death or serious illness of a close relative). In the absence of any such circumstance, we are not prepared to expedite consideration of Mr Syed's application.

I would be grateful if you could assure Mr Syed that every effort is being made to deal with all cases as efficiently as possible and that he will be contacted as soon as a decision has been made on his case.

JUST WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SAY
:roll: :roll: [/b]
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:50 pm

DOLPHIN

Pls tell ur friend their is non twist the solicitor is gonna ask for more money,

The guy is just trying to rip them off tell ur friend to demand the papers back and we can help him on here. The people r just trying to RIP them off don't believe everything these money sharks tell them.

I can't stress enough, personally I wouldn't trust them the rest is their choice, spouse visa can not be refused on overstay alone unless individual has been banned from entering uk again with a time span of ban.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /rfl/rfl5/

Shatif
Member of Standing

Re: letter to mp

Post by Shatif » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:04 pm

[quote="*Y3NVY*"]THIS IS THE EMAIL MY MP GOT FROM THE BHC WHEN HE EMAILED THEM TO ASK ABOUT MY HUBBY'S APPLICATION

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email correspondence on behalf of Mr Syed, currently resident in Pakistan, about his application for entry clearance to join his wife in the UK.

Our published service standard for applications for entry clearance in settlement categories is to decide 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.

Mr Syed's application was lodged on 12 March and we are currently working to resolve the application within our published service standard.

We will only expedite applications where there are exceptional and compelling reasons to do so (such as the death or serious illness of a close relative). In the absence of any such circumstance, we are not prepared to expedite consideration of Mr Syed's application.

I would be grateful if you could assure Mr Syed that every effort is being made to deal with all cases as efficiently as possible and that he will be contacted as soon as a decision has been made on his case.

JUST WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SAY
:roll: :roll: [/b][/quote

Did u see ur mp personally or send him an email, I'm seriously thinking of contacting my mp also.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:13 pm

What is the reference number for our visa? Is it the one that starts with GRY? Only that number was given to me by hubby that was on the reciept along with the tracking number too.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 pm

*Nazia wrote:What is the reference number for our visa? Is it the one that starts with GRY? Only that number was given to me by hubby that was on the reciept along with the tracking number too.
The number gerrys gave u is ur reference number

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Post by dolphin10 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Gregarious, my friend Yasmin is based in West Yorkshire and her parents live
in Faisalabad.

where is she located?

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:30 pm

dolphin10 wrote:Gregarious, my friend Yasmin is based in West Yorkshire and her parents live
in Faisalabad.

where is she located?
Check ur pms