ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arriving in Heathrow - Medical Test Expired?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlotterahman

Arriving in Heathrow - Medical Test Expired?

Post by charlotterahman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:46 am

Hi, when my husband lands in Heathrow will he need to show his medical test certificate, if so, it has now expired, will he need to get a new one done? Or is it okay to show the expired one, and they will do the chest x-ray in the airport?

Or is there no need for this medical check? We will carry all of our paperwork in our hand luggage to stop any problems on arrival... just wondering about the chest x-ray. Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:13 pm

He will need to show his TB certificate ( even though it has expired), providing he is coming from a country where this is mandatory

syma
Member of Standing

Re: Arriving in Heathrow - Medical Test Expired?

Post by syma » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 am

charlotterahman wrote:Hi, when my husband lands in Heathrow will he need to show his medical test certificate, if so, it has now expired, will he need to get a new one done? Or is it okay to show the expired one, and they will do the chest x-ray in the airport?

Or is there no need for this medical check? We will carry all of our paperwork in our hand luggage to stop any problems on arrival... just wondering about the chest x-ray. Thanks
i'd suggest u get a new Tb test certificate to aviod any hassel at the airport for him.
visa-grante:25.10.12

m3y

Re: Arriving in Heathrow - Medical Test Expired?

Post by m3y » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:49 am

syma wrote:
charlotterahman wrote:Hi, when my husband lands in Heathrow will he need to show his medical test certificate, if so, it has now expired, will he need to get a new one done? Or is it okay to show the expired one, and they will do the chest x-ray in the airport?

i'd suggest u get a new Tb test certificate to aviod any hassel at the airport for him.

Agreed its iess hassle to get a new certificate than the potential hassle at the airport
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:22 pm

You dont need a valid TB certificate to enter the UK. You only need a valid TB certificate for when your visa is stamped in your passport.

An expired TB certificate should cause no problem ion arrival at a Uk airport

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 pm

batleykhan wrote:You dont need a valid TB certificate to enter the UK. You only need a valid TB certificate for when your visa is stamped in your passport.

An expired TB certificate should cause no problem ion arrival at a Uk airport
Hi batelykhan, Will a chest xray and a blood report wont do? thats what i took when i first entered UK in 2007 as a student. I dont know if there are any new rules in place please advise.
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.