ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work Part Time as employed with Enterpreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andy999786
Newly Registered

Can I work Part Time as employed with Enterpreneur visa

Post by andy999786 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:02 pm

HI Guyz

please can any one help me with, whether I can work part time on Enterprenuer Visa or not.

I am currently employed by an employer and very soon I will be applying under tier 1 Enterpreneur visa as per "UKBA rules and policies". I have done a bit of research and found out that tier 1 Enterpreneur visa holder can work Part Time ie 20 hours as employed by third party company. Just wanted to double check if this is true.

Please let me know :D

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Conditions of stay
32. Permission to stay under this route will be subject to the following conditions:
[...]
c) no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established, joined or taken over;

andy999786
Newly Registered

Post by andy999786 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks for you immediate reply Lucapooka

Also wanted to know that does the visa clearly states work restricted?

or work restrcited to 20 hours or No work at all ??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:45 pm

We've already resolved the issue about 20 hours (it's not permitted) so it would not mention that in any case

What do you mean by clearly state? The endorsement will be Code 1 + ownbus which to an immigration savvy person means that any work is limited to own business. Otherwise your question may be interpreted as one where you would be willing to give illegal work a shot if it not specifically mentioned that work is prohibited and are able to find an employer that is not interested to make the usual checks. I'm sorry if that offends you but that's how I have interpreted your question given that you know you can't do ancillary work outside your venture on this immigration status.