ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:01 pm

As salaam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters

i just wanted to ask, will things get back to normal on wednesday after the Public holidays?

Also can anyone tell me, its been 12 weeks for us now can we contact BHC because its not quite 60 days if you take out the Bank holidays, so is it best to wait longer?

they must be hard pressed at the moment with the visitor visa demands for the olympics, but surely they must of looked into making it more efficient as backlogging aint helping anyone at the moment.

as mentioned by friends on here it is a waiting game too many inconsistencies and thats me being nice,

INSHALLAH SABAR WILL HAVE A REWARD ALLAH WILL GRANT HAPPINESS FOR US ALL AMEEN

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Also i apologise, there is more reasons for delays as mentioned before on earlier i.e rule changes and flood of applications prior to a possible new maintenance rule change,...

@*Y3NVY*

HOW LONG WAS THE WAIT FOR REPLY FOR THE MP THAT DEALT WITH CONTACTING BHC/EMBASSY?

BE KIND TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON

THANK YOU

el nino

ref number

Post by el nino » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:07 pm

*Nazia wrote:What is the reference number for our visa? Is it the one that starts with GRY? Only that number was given to me by hubby that was on the reciept along with the tracking number too.
reference number is the one tht u use to track ur application
ISl/*****/****/* that one
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

el nino

Post by el nino » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:14 pm

dnt knw abt collecting of passport
like they might ask for tht gry# bt reference number is the one we use for trackin
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:26 pm

MrE2012 wrote:As salaam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters

i just wanted to ask, will things get back to normal on wednesday after the Public holidays?

Also can anyone tell me, its been 12 weeks for us now can we contact BHC because its not quite 60 days if you take out the Bank holidays, so is it best to wait longer?

they must be hard pressed at the moment with the visitor visa demands for the olympics, but surely they must of looked into making it more efficient as backlogging aint helping anyone at the moment.

as mentioned by friends on here it is a waiting game too many inconsistencies and thats me being nice,

INSHALLAH SABAR WILL HAVE A REWARD ALLAH WILL GRANT HAPPINESS FOR US ALL AMEEN
There is nO harm in emailing them.
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:38 pm

MrE2012 wrote:Also i apologise, there is more reasons for delays as mentioned before on earlier i.e rule changes and flood of applications prior to a possible new maintenance rule change,...

@*Y3NVY*

HOW LONG WAS THE WAIT FOR REPLY FOR THE MP THAT DEALT WITH CONTACTING BHC/EMBASSY?

BE KIND TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON

THANK YOU
My mp got an email from them within an hour! dont know if he emailed islamabad or croydon but he got a quick response
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 pm

@ shatif

i used this service online its called 'writetothem' if you enter your postcode on there it will direct you to your local member of parliment then u can email them from there.

Or if you want you can personally go and visit them, my mp has a sitting every friday in different locations but i missed it thats why i emailed him
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

*Nazia
BANNED

Re: ref number

Post by *Nazia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:13 pm

el nino wrote:
*Nazia wrote:What is the reference number for our visa? Is it the one that starts with GRY? Only that number was given to me by hubby that was on the reciept along with the tracking number too.
Thanks Bro

I will email them after 1week because of the public holidays monday and tuesday and plus I will use the template by Shade00, I dont want the ECO or whoever reads it to use it against me if I said that I am not satisified with their service lol

Im just going to wait.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

shade00
Member of Standing

Re: ref number

Post by shade00 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:41 pm

*Nazia wrote:
el nino wrote:
Thanks Bro

I will email them after 1week because of the public holidays monday and tuesday and plus I will use the template by Shade00, I dont want the ECO or whoever reads it to use it against me if I said that I am not satisified with their service lol

Im just going to wait.
I think shatif created the template.

To be honest in their replies they clearly state that they will respond to applicants after 60 or 120 days.

So even if we have elapsed our 60 days period then they will always give the standard reply.

I think they should have atleast posted latest updates on why the service is slow even though we know the reasons.

Also with contacting the MP alot of people will get the same standard replies aswel.

At this current rate we all are helpless to say the least. :(

BTW a friend of a cousin submitted app in ISL 1st week of March and got RFC on 01/06/12 - Visa granted.

Seems some people are getting responses, its a minute number though.
Same with another member here who said his bro go visa aswel.
So there is still a minue chance of people getting a reply after 60 days. Majority however will be possibly edging toward the 90 day mark.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi there.

People are getting responses and some are going over the 60+ even 80+ day mark it is all a weird situation and very worrying for some which is annoying.

I am not sure but I think it is on luck. However if we go with the Timline provided it looks no on is getting response. Why dont everyone who has applied in Feb/March and even January flood with emails and it might make life easier for new applicants.

Just do not understand why they are doing this.

Thanks

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:58 pm

The way it is going I think I will not be getting a lot of sleep as 80 working days is too much :)

I will not wait that long as even 1 day is like weeks now. Come on guys start emailing them make life easier for us.

Thanks

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Please note also contact your MP's as I was on the Facebook group and some people contacted there MP's and the application got a response in days seriously.

Thanks

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:36 pm

@ Haroon Ali

There is only so much that we can do but they will just not tell us what is happening and as if they will tell us anything about whats happening with our visa.

Lets just be a little bit more patient, If I can go 2years without hubby another few days/weeks wont hurt (even though them 2years have been the hardest 2years off my life)

Insha'allah we will hear something after Tuesday.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

Mush2012

Post by Mush2012 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:52 pm

HaroonAli wrote:The way it is going I think I will not be getting a lot of sleep as 80 working days is too much :)

I will not wait that long as even 1 day is like weeks now. Come on guys start emailing them make life easier for us.

Thanks
AOA HaroonAli,

your spouse submitted her application on 30/5, it has been 3 working days.

You are a young man, find some alternative outlet for your anxiety and stress.
I understand you have been married and been separate for nearly 3 years now but you will not get any comfort overthinking the UKBA processing time.

I agree the UKBA are not being honest as they could be regarding their processing backlog, but like all government agencies, they have their cutbacks to deal with.

Avoid this thread for a month or two and then check on the other applicants progress, as the timescales will be not to your liking, but will induce more stress for you if your here daily.

Now is the time for sabr.

Allah hafiz

rkm85
Newly Registered

Post by rkm85 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:43 pm

some of you on here need to relax no point in complaints there not going to make any difference..as some one mentioned all the settlement applications are being dealt with in islamabad.. thats probaly the reason for the delay then..they dont have much ECO's in islamabad compared to abu dhabi or croydon when the applications were going out of islamabad they were being processed within the given time scale i might be wrong but i assume these changes came in recently most probaly after jan they started processing in islamabad so there must be a huge back log which is causing the delay and its not a easy job.. they have to verify and be sure as a lot of people abuse the system.. so just relax and wait no point in flooding the forum or contacting mp's unless its been more then 24 weeks as that is the maximum time for settlement applications

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:17 am

rkm85 wrote:some of you on here need to relax no point in complaints there not going to make any difference..as some one mentioned all the settlement applications are being dealt with in islamabad.. thats probaly the reason for the delay then..they dont have much ECO's in islamabad compared to abu dhabi or croydon when the applications were going out of islamabad they were being processed within the given time scale i might be wrong but i assume these changes came in recently most probaly after jan they started processing in islamabad so there must be a huge back log which is causing the delay and its not a easy job.. they have to verify and be sure as a lot of people abuse the system.. so just relax and wait no point in flooding the forum or contacting mp's unless its been more then 24 weeks as that is the maximum time for settlement applications
You say no point in complaining... i disagree , on the website it clearly states that if an application goes over 60 days then email them and they will respond. Also it says if there are disruptions then they will post them on the website.. but as of yet nothing... so i think people over 60 days should definitly email / call them, otherwise the service will not improve..

if it is not an easy job they should hire more eco's, we are still paying the same high fee
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 am

zully wrote:
syma wrote:Hi King2B n Zully
Husband received the notice of pending appeal today, the deadline given is 11th OCT. They need more than 6months to review a decision Ukba is beyond me...
It's a shame they are taking so long. Syma it
Can get done earlier as well it's just a dead line they give
Be positive. It's a shame you can't make it for the reception
But we don't get a choice it's all in allah's hand and alert you have
A time scale.
Mine looks as if will be in november or late ocotber.
Hope your ok.

Zully
thanks zully, keep me posted on your's..
visa-grante:25.10.12

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 am

m3y wrote:
rkm85 wrote:some of you on here need to relax no point in complaints there not going to make any difference..as some one mentioned all the settlement applications are being dealt with in islamabad.. thats probaly the reason for the delay then..they dont have much ECO's in islamabad compared to abu dhabi or croydon when the applications were going out of islamabad they were being processed within the given time scale i might be wrong but i assume these changes came in recently most probaly after jan they started processing in islamabad so there must be a huge back log which is causing the delay and its not a easy job.. they have to verify and be sure as a lot of people abuse the system.. so just relax and wait no point in flooding the forum or contacting mp's unless its been more then 24 weeks as that is the maximum time for settlement applications
You say no point in complaining... i disagree , on the website it clearly states that if an application goes over 60 days then email them and they will respond. Also it says if there are disruptions then they will post them on the website.. but as of yet nothing... so i think people over 60 days should definitly email / call them, otherwise the service will not improve..

if it is not an easy job they should hire more eco's, we are still paying the same high fee
yes, exactly. we have paid a HELL of a lot of money for a trully dreadful service. i cant stand it when people say 'please be patiant', or 'they are working hard' because we know that is not true. all it takes is ONE update to inform us all of delays and they can give us a new timescale. how hard is it to write -

'we are really sorry for the delays in visa times. we hope all feb applicants will have a response by late june / early july. we hope all march applicants will have a response late july / early august......' etc

they have treated us genuine people very very poorly. i feel completely ripped of for a service that i have no choice but to use. by us complaining to them, at the very least we will increase the complaints they recieve which in future could mean some of the senior staff working there could lose their jobs and be replaced by people who are able to hit their targets.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:37 am

A piece of advice to evryone waiting:

If i was in ur place i would think ...ok let them take 4months if they want as long as we get the visas coz thats whats important at the end of the day. God forbid any of you go thro the appeal process coz looking at my timeline u'll know how long it can be and how ukba takes the p***.

Good Luck!

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 am

mirpur wrote:
m3y wrote:

yes, exactly. we have paid a HELL of a lot of money for a trully dreadful service. i cant stand it when people say 'please be patiant', or 'they are working hard' because we know that is not true. all it takes is ONE update to inform us all of delays and they can give us a new timescale. how hard is it to write -

'we are really sorry for the delays in visa times. we hope all feb applicants will have a response by late june / early july. we hope all march applicants will have a response late july / early august......' etc

they have treated us genuine people very very poorly. i feel completely ripped of for a service that i have no choice but to use. by us complaining to them, at the very least we will increase the complaints they recieve which in future could mean some of the senior staff working there could lose their jobs and be replaced by people who are able to hit their targets.
Exactly this, they like any other organisation should be providing a service, so please everyone forget this notion that oh theymmust be busy etc... It is their responsibility to do something about it if they are busy... At the very least, as mirpur said they should be updating us.. So please dont think you are doing something wrong by complaining, you are not... You will be highlighting a problem and only by highlighting it will action be taken

Just because we are pakistani it doesm't mean we deserve to be treated like this...

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 am

syma wrote:A piece of advice to evryone waiting:

If i was in ur place i would think ...ok let them take 4months if they want as long as we get the visas coz thats whats important at the end of the day. God forbid any of you go thro the appeal process coz looking at my timeline u'll know how long it can be and how ukba takes the p***.

Good Luck!
And unless people do something about it the ukba will carry on taking the p*ss

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 am

el nino wrote:dnt knw abt collecting of passport
like they might ask for tht gry# bt reference number is the one we use for trackin
I believe you need your reciept to collect your passport

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 am

m3y wrote:

Good Luck!
they already know that they are taking the p***, i read an inspection report from year 2010 the other day for ukba procedures in PK. it clearluy said PAkistani applicants were scrutinised more and applicants from gulf were favoured more over pakistanis. so have they done anything in 2 years to make that better?
the reasoning/reply will always b the same, pakistan is 3rd-4rth on the list of countries where visa applications are submitted for UK hence mor number of applications + the scams which are in the news evry now and than about how Pakistanis play the system, this means things might get worse but wont get better anytime soon for us pakistanis and that sthe ground reality whether we want to accept it or not.

p.s i dont think sending complaint emails to ukba will achieve much coz ur sending them to ukba not to a body which could regulate ukba.

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 am

syma wrote:
m3y wrote:

Good Luck!
they already know that they are taking the p***, i read an inspection report from year 2010 the other day for ukba procedures in PK. it clearluy said PAkistani applicants were scrutinised more and applicants from gulf were favoured more over pakistanis. so have they done anything in 2 years to make that better?
the reasoning/reply will always b the same, pakistan is 3rd-4rth on the list of countries where visa applications are submitted for UK hence mor number of applications + the scams which are in the news evry now and than about how Pakistanis play the system, this means things might get worse but wont get better anytime soon for us pakistanis and that sthe ground reality whether we want to accept it or not.

p.s i dont think sending complaint emails to ukba will achieve much coz ur sending them to ukba not to a body which could regulate ukba.
But the ukba is a public body and complaints agaimst public bodies are monitored... Hence complaining will acheive more than silence

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 am

m3y wrote:

Good Luck!
yes, hence why i am emailing and complaining. making a stand so people after me will not go through the same rubbish. read the timeline and you will see my timeline now says 76 working days and not a word from them.

and whats worse, my wife called them up and they said 'your 60 days are up, please check online as it should be done'!

what the hell are they on about? stupid silly people working in high places.