ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

old english certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noclue
Newly Registered

old english certificate

Post by noclue » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 pm

hi.

My partner is going to re apply for his settlement visa as it was refused 1st time cos of his english tests. anyways that was back in november. now the law has changed to score 9 and 5 in TOEFL ibt test for spouses. he scored 14 and 17 on his highest one (hes done 4) but the tests were done in november

sooo. the test certificate is valid for 2 years but because the ukba changed the score does he need to re take the test again or would he be ok with the november ones? regarding he was refused last time coz the scores were 17 and 19 or something... when he applied.

sorry i tried to make it simple. thanks xx

noclue
Newly Registered

Post by noclue » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:40 pm

can no one answer me at all? :(

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Perhaps its because your question doesn't really make sense?

noclue
Newly Registered

Post by noclue » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:09 pm

ok sorry.

english test taken november 2011
visa was refused due to not having the score
ukba law has changed the score (now lower)
the english test which he took now passes the requirememnt

does he have to re take the test coz the law changed after he took the test or will he be ok re applying with the toefl certificate

it is a bit confusing.. sorry :?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 pm

As long as the test is still valid,still appears on the ukba list of approved tests and he has the appropriate scores then yes he can use it.

noclue
Newly Registered

Post by noclue » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:20 pm

ok thanks just wanted to make sure as my family are not sure about it and didnt want it to affect his application. i know the certificate is valid for 2 years. thanks peace of mind!