ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help, a few questions about the fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

so_lucas
Newly Registered

Please help, a few questions about the fiance visa

Post by so_lucas » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi there, I’m in the process of researching the proposed civil partner visa and wondered if I could run my circumstances by you all and also a few questions?

First of all, I apologise if there is a sticky that I missed – but is there a list of advice on the materials which you need to prove that you know the person. I’ve heard the general advice that you need LOTS of pictures/letters, but exactly how many? 20,50,100? I have plenty of emails too, but do they just want a screenshot of them in the inbox? Or are they going to sit down and read hundreds of personal correspondence?

Second, I want to get some advice on my financial situation. I’m from the UK, just about to graduate and so in the process of looking for a job. Therefore, the last three months of my bank statements will only show the student loans and maintenance grant that I received. Does this mean I would have to wait until three months AFTER my first pay check before I should apply?
The rest of the facts are this: my partner (from the USA) has $8000 in savings and my father who is from the UK but currently living in New Zealand (not sure if this will matter) has offered to support us during the whole period. Will this counter-balance my situation, at least perhaps if I only have one month’s worth of pay in the bank?

Finally, I found this on the border agency website which confused me:
MAA10 Assessing adequate means of maintenance

The following list, which is not comprehensive, is intended as a guide to the factors which may need to be considered when assessing means of maintenance:

• do the applicant's / sponsor's educational qualifications and any other skills or qualifications offer a reasonable chance of obtaining employment? If so, that should be viewed as sufficient to meet the maintenance requirement without having to make further enquiries.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... e/ecg/maa/
Does this imply that I don’t necessarily NEED a job considering both of us have degrees and therefore are more than likely to find employment?

Any advice will greatly help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:57 pm

You need to have a steady income or substantial savings or third party sponsorship. You can't cite your employability (in this climate or even previously) in lieu of actual monetary means of support. 10 or less photos from various stages of your relationship will easily suffice.