ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension appl sent back as Payment declined! HELP!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tara2012
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension appl sent back as Payment declined! HELP!!

Post by tara2012 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:45 am

Hi!
Unfortunately our Tier 1 visa extension application has been sent back as payment on the card was declined by the Fraud detection team of the bank despite our notice on the telephone to them!
We applied on 7th May and received our documents back on 31st May. They are still sitting in the post office as we only realised what has happened over this long weekend. Our visa expired on 1st June. We are very worried now. Has anyone else experienced somethign similar? If so, we would be very grateful if you could please advice us on what you did and what the outcoem of the application finally was? Are we still allowed to make in-country application?
Eagerly awaiting a response.
Many thanks in advance for your help and time.
Tara

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 am

See also Invalid application due to payment problems?
Submit a new application as soon as you can (definitely within 28 days of the date of communication from UKBA). Refer to the case (given in the linked topic) and request the application to be considered "in-time" in light of the judgement.

That said, submitting an out-of-time application is possible. The only drawbacks are:
1. If refused, there is no right of appeal.
2. Even if the out-of-time application is approval and leave granted, any period as an overstayer (from expiry of leave until the date of approval of out-of-time application) will not become legal.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

auser84
Newly Registered

Hi what is the status updates

Post by auser84 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am

Hi, tara2012, what is the update, did you get any more information?

I applied on 23 april, same issue occured on 21st of May (payment declined by bank) and still did not get any response from ukba. not even application returned, no email or anything. I sent them another cheque after 2 days but still no response, and no transaction in my bank account.

could you please tell me what update you have and did you get any more information about such case.

thanks,

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 am

It is in every bank's system to process any payment through fraud detection system. I have phone my bank and when tried to inform about this payment stuff, they said even though you inform us, fraud system can still decline it, you will have to call us then and then and we will process the payment.

I am just wondering how to cope with that for the applicants who are sending the application via post. I think best way is to use debit card or bank drafts/cheques. Do not use credit card while using postal application as it can cause problem.
Tapas Sarkar,
UK