ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweets182
Newly Registered

Post by sweets182 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:26 pm

arvind88 wrote:the prob is with the scanner, not your letter. Instead of asking for another letter which wil take another 10 working days, my suggestion is that u try a different post office.
Other people's documents were scanned with their scanner. It was only mine that was not being read. And also, there is just one post-office in my city which is registered for this. I went through similar cases in this forum and they had to either call the agency or book another appointment...

I am really disappointed and on top of it... They do not receive the calls on Saturday and next week there are holidays on Mon and Tue. If I can just try booking an appointment with PEO instead of calling them, is it possible? Any suggestions please on what should be my next course of action? This is worrying...

manex

Post by manex » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:32 pm

@sweets:I think now your can only give biometrics at post offices and they don't seem to have the option of giving it at PEOs at all. At least according the biometric invitation letter. So I suppose you will need to wait until Wednesday and call them up. Choose the biometric appointments option when you call and explain your situation. I understand your frustration very well but this is all we can do.

may1st
Newly Registered

Post by may1st » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:58 pm

@sweets182.
Same thing happened to me as well. You have to call the ukba and explain your case. They will book a personal appointment for you. There will be no use in asking for a new invitation as it comes with the same bar code.

long5891
Newly Registered

Post by long5891 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Just want to update my timelines.

Registration and submission of application:24/2/2012
Acknowledgment letter:24/3/2012
Bio-metrics done: 26/3/2012
Documents with approval letter:31/5/2012 (received on 1/6/2012)
BRP:waiting

It seems that within 2months and 10 days from your biometric done, you will receive the response.

Thanks for this forum, i do not feel so frustration during the waiting time.

sweets182
Newly Registered

Post by sweets182 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:09 pm

may1st wrote:@sweets182.
Same thing happened to me as well. You have to call the ukba and explain your case. They will book a personal appointment for you. There will be no use in asking for a new invitation as it comes with the same bar code.
Thanks... I will do that. Just to confirm, is this the number 08706067766? This is of the Immigration Enquiry Bureau which was mentioned in the Biometrics Invitation Letter. And can I alternatively mail this to them on AppointmentExceptions?

Since January this is the only reason I am staying in this city without any permanent job. I finished my exams in December. I know same case would be with many people. But I am battling depressions and anxieties all alone because of these delays as my friends went to their respective countries after the exams. And then such unnecessary delays are happening even more. I really want to book tickets for India but this way, seeing everyone's timeline this is going to take entire July too. :( This gets worse everyday...

sweets182
Newly Registered

Post by sweets182 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:12 pm

manex wrote:@sweets:I think now your can only give biometrics at post offices and they don't seem to have the option of giving it at PEOs at all. At least according the biometric invitation letter. So I suppose you will need to wait until Wednesday and call them up. Choose the biometric appointments option when you call and explain your situation. I understand your frustration very well but this is all we can do.
I will have a word with them and let's see what they say....

vdotcherukuri
Newly Registered
India

bio done on 28 march (student and dependant)

Post by vdotcherukuri » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 am

Can some senior members of this thread(yes I mean this thread) tell me when can we expect the documents and brp(I mean both).

Our application was a student dependent(two applications) details as below:

Applied on: Feb 23
Bio-metrics given: March 28
My current visa is going to expire on June 28

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:00 pm

sweets182 wrote:
may1st wrote:@sweets182.
Thanks... I will do that. Just to confirm, is this the number 08706067766? This is of the Immigration Enquiry Bureau which was mentioned in the Biometrics Invitation Letter. And can I alternatively mail this to them on AppointmentExceptions?

Since January this is the only reason I am staying in this city without any permanent job. I finished my exams in December. I know same case would be with many people. But I am battling depressions and anxieties all alone because of these delays as my friends went to their respective countries after the exams. And then such unnecessary delays are happening even more. I really want to book tickets for India but this way, seeing everyone's timeline this is going to take entire July too. :( This gets worse everyday...
Cool m8 things will go in our way soon. If you can hold this much pressure you can do anything, just use this time to built yourself not to get depressed.

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Re: bio done on 28 march (student and dependant)

Post by easydoesit » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm

vdotcherukuri wrote:Can some senior members of this thread(yes I mean this thread) tell me when can we expect the documents and brp(I mean both).

Our application was a student dependent(two applications) details as below:

Applied on: Feb 23
Bio-metrics given: March 28
My current visa is going to expire on June 28
I think you should expect your stuff within 10 odd days. In case you are worried about your visa it does not matter as in your case you applied before your visa expired which means that your existing status continues till your application is decided.

arvind88
Newly Registered

Post by arvind88 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 pm

weird... i jus read that there are some ppl who have recd their brps although they had given their biometrics on april 22..

p.s: this is according to the ppl in the Facebook version of this thread...

arvind88
Newly Registered

Post by arvind88 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 pm

arvind88
Newly Registered

Post by arvind88 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:27 pm

one more guy who did his bio on april 23 got his visa....

Tanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Tanvi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Does anybody got the visa who did the biometrics on march 27th

Fustratedapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by Fustratedapplicant » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Be patient everyone will get.

ricky_1

Post by ricky_1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:32 am

arvind88 wrote:one more guy who did his bio on april 23 got his visa....
@ arvind88 - Is it 23rd Apr bio metric.? This is un believable. Is it 23rd Mar or 23rd Apr ???

ricky_1

Post by ricky_1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 am

ummer2000 wrote:
shribalaji wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:Any one who has done biomatric on 20th March and still waiting, please update your status. As I am also waiting.
You can try Facebook page but i couldn't remember any1 from 20th March. You better call UKBA, man this is way too long wait I don't know how you are holding it. Don't worry you'll get it soon.
yes there was some problem with my statement and on 16th they demanded me the bank statement again and I posted on the same day but still nothing.
Could you tell me how can i contact the UKBA, I mean which no and extension.
@ ummer2000 - How did they ask you for bank statements 2nd time. I mean, the missing statements which they wanted to look at.

Is that through email or letter in post ?

Few of my colleagues said as per rule they have to ask for any documents which are needed for them to take decision. In that case normally they have to intimate students but in the current phase they're going through..they just dont send any thing and right away cancel the visa based on the documents they received during the time of application.

Which one is true here ? confused.

----

Family kzmex
Newly Registered

Re: time, tough waiting time

Post by Family kzmex » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am

good news!!!

below is our timeline (family with a baby and a toddler)

1st submitted 22 Dec 2011
confirmed 03 Jan 2012
returned due to payment problems
resubmitted 20 Jan 2012
confirmed 02 Feb 2012
biometric letter 23 Feb 2012
biometric enrollment 28 March 2012 (no earlier appointment was available)
approval letter is today, June 6th
brp is awaiting

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE HOPE!!!

kumarpsw

Re: time, tough waiting time

Post by kumarpsw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 am

Did u got ur documents???

poststudy
Newly Registered

Post by poststudy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am

Hi my time line is

Applied 19jan 2012
Acknowledgment letter received 24 jan 2012
Biometric letter received 12 march 2012
Biometric given 20 April 12 in Sheffield inquiry office
Documents still waiting
Result still waiting

Maninder 84

still still still still waiting.....

Post by Maninder 84 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 am

applied Feb 22
biometric invitation 24th March
biometric enrolled 26th March (old street post office)
BRP & Docs still waiting............

kumarpsw

Re: still still still still waiting.....

Post by kumarpsw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:36 am

26 march guys are getting at present

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 am

ricky_1 wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:
shribalaji wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:Any one who has done biomatric on 20th March and still waiting, please update your status. As I am also waiting.
You can try Facebook page but i couldn't remember any1 from 20th March. You better call UKBA, man this is way too long wait I don't know how you are holding it. Don't worry you'll get it soon.
yes there was some problem with my statement and on 16th they demanded me the bank statement again and I posted on the same day but still nothing.
@ ummer2000 - How did they ask you for bank statements 2nd time. I mean, the missing statements which they wanted to look at.

Few of my colleagues said as per rule they have to ask for any documents which are needed for them to take decision. In that case normally they have to intimate students but in the current phase they're going through..they just dont send any thing and right away cancel the visa based on the documents they received during the time of application.

Yes mate It is bit complicated. Actually my statement was not covering my family for 90 days (wife and newbornbaby). Due to serious medical problems they have to extend their stay. And I send some medical documents with my application for them. And now they demanded the statement that covering for 90 days and I have more then 90 days now. So I posted It on 16th. But nothing heared yet.
statement was n

ricky_1

Post by ricky_1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:44 am

ummer2000 wrote:
ricky_1 wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:
shribalaji wrote:

Yes mate It is bit complicated. Actually my statement was not covering my family for 90 days (wife and newbornbaby). Due to serious medical problems they have to extend their stay. And I send some medical documents with my application for them. And now they demanded the statement that covering for 90 days and I have more then 90 days now. So I posted It on 16th. But nothing heared yet.
statement was n
@ ummer2000 -

So, as an acknowledgement from your above statement can i take that the UKba will probably come come back we sent statments less than 90 days period. ?

I think they wont reject visa ( since its closed down already and can't re appeal or on bearing this time dealy in mind) and will come back to plp who applied with less than 90 days statements.

They dont really have a proof to reject visa if they see statement covering less than 90 days but they can reject visa if they notice in a statement any day showing less than £ 800.

On considering your case, they'll not be able to come to a conclusion whether you maintained balance for 90 days or not.

all the best for your wait period.

Kartik

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the contact number for UKBA through which I can ask for the progress of Tier1 (PSW) ? My friend needs that.

thanks

Tanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Tanvi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am

Hi My timelines:

Applied on : 13th feb
Biometric letter received : 21st march
Biometrics enrolled: 27th march ( Holborn post office)
BRP and Docs still waiting......

Please update the status if anyone got the visa who enrolled there biometrics on 27th march

And congratulation to all who got the visa.....