ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Dependent Visa Rejected

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

h_s_m_p

ICT Dependent Visa Rejected

Post by h_s_m_p » Thu May 31, 2012 11:21 pm

I came to UK in 2011 Jan along with my wife through ICT with visa validity of one year ( Feb 2012). During the month of January I had applied for my extension within UK and got it renewed till Feb 2013. My wife went to India during the month of Dec for her delivery and I applied visa for my wife and son through my "A" rated employer from India two weeks back.

Today i got to know that my wife's and son's visa has been rejected on the basis of below points:

A letter from your husband's employer stating that they will sponsor your first month in the UK but your husband went to the UK on 20/1/2011 and we only consider this sponsorship as evidence of support for the first month the main applicant is in the UK

The bank statement, in your husband's name but the funds shown for the required 90 day period are insufficient to meet the criteria set out in published PBS guidance.

You have not shown any other evidence of funds.

I was never told by my employer that i need to maintain certain amount in my bank for the visa renewal purpose. I believe my employer will also provide a maintenance letter for my wife and son's visa but not sure what went wrong.

If i go for an appeal how good are the chances. To be honest i have never maintained a standard bank balance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:48 am

See the PBS (Dependant) Policy Guidance:

51. ...........When a family member of a Tier 2 Migrant applies separately from the main applicant he/she will always need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor

It is not clear from your post what the letter from your employer said and whether it was a recent letter or an old one written at the time of your entry clearance application in 2010/11. However, since it was not accepted by the ECO, and you cannot show funds in another way, a new one is needed according to paragraph 51 above.

Did the letter informing your wife of the rejection of her application not state what her options are (appeal/reconsideration/additional documents, etc)?

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

I didnt get the full copy of the rejection letter. My employer had written to the consulate and sent an updated sponsor letter on their behalf and asked them to reconsider their stand.

The entire dependent visa process was handled by my employer and i was never told to maintain the funds in my account. My employer is confident that based on the given clarification from their side hopefully the Consulate will reconsider their decision. Let's see.