ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Applied in March. No Biometric Enrollment Letter Yet

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mantasingh

Tier 1 Applied in March. No Biometric Enrollment Letter Yet

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 pm

I applied for Tier 1 extension in last week of March and money got debited in second week of April.

Since then I have been waiting for Biometric enrollment invitation letter. I tried Fax, Email, Letter and calling UKBA but no success.

Called them 4 times in last 15 days but they just say "Continue to wait".

I wish to know is there anyone else in the same boat
What are the options I have?

Really worried and started to panic.

rknshree

Post by rknshree » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:46 pm

What address u sent the letter to ?
Have u considered using the complaint form on their website ?

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:28 pm

I sent the letter to Sheffield Office.
UK Border Agency,
Attn: Biometric Department
PO Box 3468,
Sheffield S3 8WA

I don't think there is any Compliant section where such complaints can be recorded.
Please let me know if there is one.

rknshree

Complaint

Post by rknshree » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:34 pm

when did u sent the letter ? When was it received by UKBA ?
Here is the link for the complaint :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... o-complain

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 pm

I sent the letter on 28th May with first class. So it should have reached by 29th May.
No response yet.

The complaint URL that you shared has no option for my case.
It just says the below.

Information about an application's progress
If you have made an application to the UK Border Agency and you want an update on its progress, you can make an enquiry at one of our contact centres - but you cannot ask for an update until a certain time has passed since you made your application. For more information, see the Enquiries page.

Immigration decisions can be complex, and in many cases we need to carry out detailed investigations before making a decision. This may take some time.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:00 pm

mantasingh wrote:I sent the letter on 28th May with first class. So it should have reached by 29th May.
No response yet.

The complaint URL that you shared has no option for my case.
It just says the below.

Information about an application's progress
If you have made an application to the UK Border Agency and you want an update on its progress, you can make an enquiry at one of our contact centres - but you cannot ask for an update until a certain time has passed since you made your application. For more information, see the Enquiries page.

Immigration decisions can be complex, and in many cases we need to carry out detailed investigations before making a decision. This may take some time.
Try emailing AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. They have been very useful in providing information to many candidates. They may at least give you something better than the reply above. Check this thread on how you can approach them
Response from UKBA

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks for the Email Id but I have already sent the Email to the same id.

So in essence I tried all mediums Fax, Email, Letter & call (4 times) but no success.

I will wait till end of this week else will try again with the same 4 mediums on Monday.

Anything else I can do..? :cry:
Also, am I the only one or there are many in same situation which will give me some confidence that I am not alone.

rknshree

Complaint

Post by rknshree » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi,

I think u can select the other option for complaints, which says u r not happy with the process,
As I see it, ur application processing has not been started yet as it is still stuck in the administrative workflow, where a biometric invitation letter was not generated for You.

Also, I know one case which had not received the bio letter till 25th may
here it is
www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... nsion/1793

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:30 am

Today i got reply from AppointmentException Id and as per them they can not help here.
Asked me to send an email to below Id.
UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

I have also sent an Email to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Lets see if I get a response.

rknshree

Any news

Post by rknshree » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 am

Did u get any reply ?

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:12 pm

No reply.., No Letter..
Waiting for a miracle to happen.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Finally there is a reply from UKBA.

I called up UKBA on 8th June and then they logged my request formally in the system.

Today I received an Email requesting updated Section D (BRP Details) for my dependent child.

The issue was that I used the form which had different flow in the questions. Now the flow has changed and hence they requested for updated Section D.

The question is:
Whether this discrepancy was identified as per timelines but somehow no one took any action and only after I chased them they happened to look into it.

Or

They just started working on my application after 8th June when a formal request is logged.

Either God or UKBA knows this.

rknshree

Post by rknshree » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Good to know u get some reply
Did u get an email from a case worker or some standard email id?

mantasingh wrote:Finally there is a reply from UKBA.

I called up UKBA on 8th June and then they logged my request formally in the system.

Today I received an Email requesting updated Section D (BRP Details) for my dependent child.

The issue was that I used the form which had different flow in the questions. Now the flow has changed and hence they requested for updated Section D.

The question is:
Whether this discrepancy was identified as per timelines but somehow no one took any action and only after I chased them they happened to look into it.

Or

They just started working on my application after 8th June when a formal request is logged.

Either God or UKBA knows this.