ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcbrasil

Re: FLR backlog

Post by tcbrasil » Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Thank you so much for this information Richman! Very helpful!
Now we know why when we call the UKBA they say that there's no information to be given...
Richman wrote:Hi guys just came across this info and thought of sharing it. It was posted end of February 2012;

It is currently taking an extra two months for applications to be inputted on to the computer system at UKBA. Your application is received at Durham where the payment is taken, a letter of acknowledgement is then generated and sent to you. Your application is then sent to Sheffield to be entered on to the system before being sent to a caseworking team. Because applications are not being entered onto the system it is not possible to even check on progress as there is no record of the application until it is entered.

www.aff.org.uk

viking12
Newly Registered

Post by viking12 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 pm

anniecc wrote:
Is there a organization/body that we can complain to about the Home Office service?

I'm sure there should be an external board that overlooks the HO activities
The Home Affairs Select Committe scrutinises the performance of the Home Office.

http://www.parliament.uk/homeaffairscom

You could try writing to the Chair Keith Vaz or members of the committee, telling them about the experience you've had and suggesting that the committee consider holding an inquiry on the quality of the service UKBA provides to applicants.
Thanks anniecc, I think I will write to them and I think everyone should who's cases are delayed should do the same. Just me writing to them would probably not make a difference.

nholler
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by nholler » Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 pm

I just wrote an email to Keith Vaz explaining how there's many of us waiting for our visa's and how we feel let down by the UKBA etc.

If you feel compelled to write then send an email: vazk@parliament.uk

Brunts
Newly Registered

Post by Brunts » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Docs sent: 19/01/2012
Ack. Letter: ?
Biometrics letter: Dated 22/02/2012
Biometrics taken-Manchester Post Office: 27/02/2012

Still waiting!

Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Charity Worker

Straight forward case.

I am as British as they come; resident here since birth same for all parents, grandparents.

I am able to financially support my wife.

She is USAmerican so English language test does not apply.

Did not expect it to take anywhere near this long!

Richman
Newly Registered

Contacting UKBA

Post by Richman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:48 am

Hi guys,
Apparently the UKBA website says that you should not contact them to check the progress of your application unless they have been in receipt of your documents for 6 months.

However, I think you can request them to expedite the visa process in case of bereavement, sickness etc if you have docs to back up your request.

See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... migration/

Sorry guys its a nightmare

tcbrasil

Re: Contacting UKBA

Post by tcbrasil » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Richman wrote:Hi guys,
Apparently the UKBA website says that you should not contact them to check the progress of your application unless they have been in receipt of your documents for 6 months.

However, I think you can request them to expedite the visa process in case of bereavement, sickness etc if you have docs to back up your request.

See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... migration/

Sorry guys its a nightmare
But this rule has been going on for ages. For you to get any updates about your visa application you have to have been to be waiting for your visa process for 6 months.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Has ANYONE received their visa?!?!

Aussie1987
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie1987 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:15 pm

AngieLynn09 wrote:Has ANYONE received their visa?!?!
No..... 19 weeks and counting.....

piranyadi
Newly Registered

Post by piranyadi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Date Applied/Docs sent: 03/01/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 09/01/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 15/02/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment: 03/03/2012
Date Passport/Docs received: waiting
Result & VISA stamped: waiting
Visa From: marriage/fiancee

Docs applied via post from Belfast

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:54 pm

still waiting.... applied 3rd March, Biometrics done 31st March. Expect to wave goodbye to my holiday at end of July now :(

indespair

Post by indespair » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm still waiting as well. Submitted docs on the 14th of February, biometrics done some time mid March, no news ever since....

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 pm

AngieLynn09 wrote:Has ANYONE received their visa?!?!
No.
Been waiting for 4 long months now.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

endivolac
Newly Registered

Post by endivolac » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm

[quote="Aussie1987"][quote="AngieLynn09"]Has ANYONE received their visa?!?![/quote]

No..... 19 weeks and counting.....[/quote]

Hi Annie,

I received my visa after waiting around 5 months, it took writing to my MP to finally speed up the process (it does work writing to your MP, if they seem unhelpful just keeping writing to them).

I think it seems like a lot of people once they gte their visa tend to stop coming to this website and writing which makes it seem like no-one is progessing. They are but its people who are still stuck in this stupid bureacracy who mainly write here. Don't give up, me and my partner were going insane with worry, it does get sorted eventually.

The UKBA is completely useless, I also have wrote a letter of complaint to my MP and to some of the people that have been listed on this site, hope it will help for future people.

DON'Ts

- Call UKBA if your app hasn't been with them for less than 6 months, useless, unsympathetic people only seem to work there.
- Writing or emailing them, same response as above.
- Worry if you think you haven't given enough documents. The UKBA will contact you and ask for more if they need them. I was asked for several more and after they were sent it was approved and sent out in 3 days.

DO's

- Contact your MP. Explain your situation, give details of your application, make a face to face appointment if you really want to show how much this nightmare is affecting you. They can make an enquiry (if they say they can't, they are lying, I will happily forward my email enquiry sent my MP to them).
- Keep posting here, it really helps others to share your experiences, although it tends to be bad news, it helps to know that it isn't just you.

MAYBE's

- Request return of your PARTNER's passport. Asking to return any other document will invalidate your application. Asking for your partners passport back is allowed as they are already here and have permission (be that through being a UK citizen or form another visa). I say maybe is this will not affect your app (spoke 3 times to UKBA about this, they will tell you this information at least), but it has no guarantee of speeding anything up.

Ram_R
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_R » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Endivolac thanks.

After you pushed me last month i have contacted my MP who contacted UKBA but their response is same: case will be dealt with in due course. I have sent the Application (wife's) in Last week of Jan 2012. Still waiting, i think it will take another month or so..

But the good news is I have got my passport back (sponsor/partner) this is what i requested so i can now secure a new job.

For all other guys just don't worry too much about it, UKBA is probably behind due to workloads and it will take up to 5-6 months before you get a decision (sorry to be pessimistic).

tcbrasil

Post by tcbrasil » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Ram_R wrote: For all other guys just don't worry too much about it, UKBA is probably behind due to workloads and it will take up to 5-6 months before you get a decision (sorry to be pessimistic).
You're right. Unfortunately nothing can be done until they go through all that backlog. I'm so frustrated that I can't call them for an update until next month, as I applied on 18/01/12. Let's hope you're right about the 5-6 months too. So that would mean that we would probably receive it next month aprox.

backagain

Olympics

Post by backagain » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:33 pm

We are on week 8 of our wait. Thought I'd share this bit of information. Last night I heard a report on BBC news that the Home Office is inundated with thousands upon thousands of visa applications for the 2012 Olympics. The process of processing Olympic visas began in January 2012. This article says that a half million are being checked out.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/half-a-m ... 1zwhf.html

My guess is--with that with that kind of load and reduced numbers of staff--those of us that are here legally, not going anywhere, and are just waiting for a settlement visa are getting placed on the back burner.

Doesn't really help, but perhaps it gives an answer to the proverbial "why?"

Newly Registered

Long waiting

Post by 1314 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi there,
I am also one of those getting frustrated. As I got my Fiancee visa quite quickly so I thought I dun mind waiting for 4-6 weeks. Thus I sent my FLR(M)application by post which I realize it is a big mistake now.
Got an job offer last month but due to I haven't get any reply from the UKBA so missed it. Now I got another pretty good job offer but I just can't take it as they can only wait for me until tomorrow. And I get nothing in the post today!!
I read in other forum in which some people got their visa quite quick. it makes me wonder what happen to my visa.
Good luck everyone!!

Here's my timeline:
Date Docs sent: 28/03/2012
Date Ack. Letter received: dated 03/04/2012
Date biometrics booking letter received: 18/04/12 (dated 16/04/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Maidstone post office): 21/04/12
Date BRP received: waiting..........
Date Docs received: waiting.........

*going to be a girrafee now, keep peeping at the post*

blueboy
Newly Registered

Post by blueboy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm

I have done a Google search regarding visa application times.

Under the freedom of information act a solicitor ask UKBA the processing times for FLRM applications, they are duty bound to answer within 30 days I think it was, they stated that 95% of applications are done within three months.

If I am reading right here that seems way out.

Been waiting since end of February & from what I read here I have a long way to go still.

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Here's my timeline: Over 3 months and I am still waiting !!!

Date Docs sent: 27/02/2012
Date Ack. Letter received: Didn't get one
Date biometrics booking letter received: 16/03/12 (dated 11/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled 28/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting..........
Date Docs received: waiting.........

Please keep sending the updates and good luck.

tcbrasil

Haleluiah!

Post by tcbrasil » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Guys, I'm here with good news about my application, which took 5 months to be completed:

Docs sent to HO: 18/01/12
Ack. Letter: Lost by Royal Mail
Biometrics letter arrived: 20/02/12
Biometrics taken-Sheffield PEO: 28/02/12
Docs arrived: 08/06/2012
Biometric Card: 08/06/2012 (dated 01/06/2012)
Visa From: Tier 4 Student

I hope we all start receiving our visas from now on because it has already taken the piss!
Good luck for you, guys. And thank you ever so much for all you help and support!

bobobo

Re: Haleluiah!

Post by bobobo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Congrats mate, that does lift the chin a bit, lhopefully we should all start getting some good news now. finally you can move on with life
tcbrasil wrote:Guys, I'm here with good news about my application, which took 5 months to be completed:

Docs sent to HO: 18/01/12
Ack. Letter: Lost by Royal Mail
Biometrics letter arrived: 20/02/12
Biometrics taken-Sheffield PEO: 28/02/12
Docs arrived: 08/06/2012
Biometric Card: 08/06/2012 (dated 01/06/2012)
Visa From: Tier 4 Student

I hope we all start receiving our visas from now on because it has already taken the piss!
Good luck for you, guys. And thank you ever so much for all you help and support!

indespair

Post by indespair » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Congratulations tcbrasil! At least we know it'd started moving! Your news does cheer all of us waiting. However nobody knows how the UKBA operates. I know two people who submitted their docs mid March (after I did) and have already received their approvals last week but I am still waiting here with what I believe was a straight forward case. Oh well, lets hope it'll come to those who wait soon :)

Waitingwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingwaiting » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Congratulations tcbrasil !!!

Well, finally finally..... a smile :)

piranyadi
Newly Registered

Post by piranyadi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Good news! thx:)

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Congratulations "tcbrasil"

Hope we all get the good news soon.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4