ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric invitation letter not received

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm

uktier1vikki wrote:Hi All,

It's kind of depressing moment which is running for a long and we cannot do anything but wait, my case is similar kind of you where I have applied for the extension of my Tier-1 on 2nd April and Fees was got deducted on 2nd May

I called UKBA on 1st June 2012 for not receiving Biometric Appointment letter and I was told it has been sent on 16th May 2012 which I haven't received the letter ever and UKBA have raised request for reissue of BRP Appointment Letter.

Don't what is happening and why there is no transparency among people who call and admit there mistake?
I applied at 2 April too, aint got nothing apart from ack letter
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Any one applied between 1 April to 5 April haven't received Biom letter? Its been above 2 months for me now :cry:
N/A

meetme06
Newly Registered

Post by meetme06 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:14 pm

@ Manex - I have sent email now lets hope they reply.
@Ricky - Thank you, I always try to ignore the politicians sometimes they complicate things. Will try if everything fails

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:39 pm

I still have not received the biometric letter, I really don't know what to say now. My friend who applied on the 28th of March got his letter on the 17th of May!! Just 3 days gap between sending the applications and 3 weeks time gap in getting the biometric invitation letter?!! What is wrong with the UKBA? I have never faced this situation in any country, this is just ridiculous, I will just wait now, tired of calling and complaining.

malik0073
Newly Registered

Post by malik0073 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 pm

even i m waiting for biometric letter aswell since 1st of may.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

malik0073 wrote:even i m waiting for biometric letter aswell since 1st of may.
when did you apply?
N/A

malik0073
Newly Registered

Post by malik0073 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:04 am

I applied on 24th April and recieved ack letter dated 1st of may. Since then I didn't hear anything yet.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 am

malik0073 wrote:I applied on 24th April
You mean 24 March cos PSW finished on 5 April
N/A

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Has anyone received the biometric invitation letter today?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Shreyasx01 wrote:Has anyone received the biometric invitation letter today?
When did you apply
N/A

malik0073
Newly Registered

Post by malik0073 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:21 pm

[quote="Tier 4"][quote="malik0073"]I applied on 24th April [/quote]
You mean 24 March cos PSW finished on 5 April[/quote]
No mate I m on set(m).

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Tier 4 wrote:When did you apply
Application sent on 31st March, received by UKBA on 2nd April.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:38 am

Did anyone receive the biometric invitation letter yesterday?

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 am

I have finally lodged a compliant by email. I was on hold for more than 20 minutes and no one is picking up the phone. This is ridiculous, I hope that they respond to the email. Only hope now .... :(

EDIT: I finally got through after almost half an hour of waiting!! They have told me to wait as they are not ready to issue me a biometric letter, they said I can lodge a complaint if I want to. I don't know what to say, this is just ridiculous, what do they mean by they are not ready? Its already past their SLA time and they are still not ready?!! Can anyone suggest anything else I can do at this moment? Its really getting depressing now :(
I can only expect that the letter will come by next weekend now! I can expect the visa to come only in August!! :(

ricky_1

Post by ricky_1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:10 am

Shreyasx01 wrote:I have finally lodged a compliant by email. I was on hold for more than 20 minutes and no one is picking up the phone. This is ridiculous, I hope that they respond to the email. Only hope now .... :(

EDIT: I finally got through after almost half an hour of waiting!! They have told me to wait as they are not ready to issue me a biometric letter, they said I can lodge a complaint if I want to. I don't know what to say, this is just ridiculous, what do they mean by they are not ready? Its already past their SLA time and they are still not ready?!! Can anyone suggest anything else I can do at this moment? Its really getting depressing now :(
I can only expect that the letter will come by next weekend now! I can expect the visa to come only in August!! :(
Shreyasx01 - get your docs back and go back to india ( that is the only suggestion). I knew for many plp it took 6 months and few more than 6 months to get a decision on the psw application.

Moreover, you never know after 6 months whether they will grant or reject. If you have money and if you're ready to waste your future and valuable time, then wait.. In thier current phase it will surely take solid 6 months for you.

calculate 6 months from your date of application ..

---

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Well if I was unemployed I would go back, but I am earning good money now in a full time job and can work atleast until August. So, I can wait for for 6 months. Even if they reject I have valuable work experience here. So I'm not in as bad a situation as others maybe. But there is no reason why they will reject, I have helped many friends with their applications and all of them have got their visas. Its just that I decided to apply at the last minute that I am experiencing delays and it is not only me that is being delayed, it is almost everyone who has applied late March and till April 5th. So I will wait, requesting documents back is out of the question.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Has anyone received the biometric invitation letter today?

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:34 pm

No. I applied on April 3rd. Have you received it?

EDIT: I called UKBA and I was told that if I didn't receive the invitation in the next 2 weeks that I should call back. Apparently the BRP is issued only once they have checked your application so that the photographs match the right sizes required etc. So maybe in the next couple of weeks... they said they would chase it up for me then.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:17 pm

I applied at 2 April haven't receive biom letter, got a relief i am not alone ...
N/A

sunilkumarambala
Newly Registered

Post by sunilkumarambala » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Tier 4 wrote:Any one applied between 1 April to 5 April haven't received Biom letter? Its been above 2 months for me now :cry:
Brother I also applied on 3rd april and I just recieved only the acknolwdgemtn letter and nothing else. I dnt know what to do.
i also want to ask you all I was maintaining the funds £800 in my bank account and it already has been long time. I just want to ask you can I use that money now?

PLease suggest

manex

Post by manex » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:55 pm

meetme06 wrote:@ Manex - I have sent email now lets hope they reply.
@Ricky - Thank you, I always try to ignore the politicians sometimes they complicate things. Will try if everything fails
Let us know if you receive a response to your complaint because if you don't then you can complaint to the parlimentray ombudsmen service. I think we should all give UKBA hard time as well, by complaining as much as possible about their ridiculous service!

manex

Post by manex » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Shreyasx01 wrote:I have finally lodged a compliant by email. I was on hold for more than 20 minutes and no one is picking up the phone. This is ridiculous, I hope that they respond to the email. Only hope now .... :(

@Shreyasx01- It's good that you've finally logged a complaint. Shouldn't have waited this long to do it in the first place because I did it much earlier and as a result received the biometric letter couple of weeks ago and I applied on the 4th April. If they want us to complaint that's exactly what we need to do :). Let us know how your complaint goes and whether you receive any acknowledgement or not. It took them about 10 days to acknowledge my complaint and they sent a response to my complaint before the 20 working day period.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 pm

sunilkumarambala wrote: Brother I also applied on 3rd april and I just recieved only the acknolwdgemtn letter and nothing else. I dnt know what to do.
i also want to ask you all I was maintaining the funds £800 in my bank account and it already has been long time. I just want to ask you can I use that money now?

PLease suggest
Well, don’t know, but in case of appeal you probably need to submit your latest bank statement maintaining the same amount. However in my case money goes on and off in my account as I have to feed my self as well therefore can’t stick to £ 800 limit for ever.
N/A

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
sunilkumarambala wrote: Brother I also applied on 3rd april and I just recieved only the acknolwdgemtn letter and nothing else. I dnt know what to do.

PLease suggest
Well, don’t know, but in case of appeal you probably need to submit your latest bank statement maintaining the same amount. However in my case money goes on and off in my account as I have to feed my self as well therefore can’t stick to £ 800 limit for ever.
there is no neeed to have the money in the account for an appeal. the relevent date for maintenance funds is the date of application and whether the funds were held for 90 days before. there is no reason why funds cannot be spent now. they only reason for keeping them in the past were in event that the applicationw as refused so that a new application could be made without waiting another 90 days. now that PSW has closed this is not a possibility.

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:19 pm

I have also lodged a complaint to the email you provided. This is ridiculous I can't wait foreve for my visa!!!!!
manex wrote:

@Shreyasx01- It's good that you've finally logged a complaint. Shouldn't have waited this long to do it in the first place because I did it much earlier and as a result received the biometric letter couple of weeks ago and I applied on the 4th April. If they want us to complaint that's exactly what we need to do :). Let us know how your complaint goes and whether you receive any acknowledgement or not. It took them about 10 days to acknowledge my complaint and they sent a response to my complaint before the 20 working day period.