ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

queries in MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naeed

queries in MN1 form

Post by naeed » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi
recently i have been granted ILR and now i would like to get british passport for my child born in U.K before my ILR.

It may sound silly but is the form MN1 for just registration not british passport if yes then when and where do i apply for my childs passport?

section 1.3 says "child has indefinite indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted" where as i didnt include in my ILR application so what do i write and in section 3.1 aswell

some one please clarify

Thank you.

Regards

naeed

Post by naeed » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:19 pm

any one with reply please!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Please be patient. People will respond if and when they wish to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rose_31
Newly Registered

Post by rose_31 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Leave it as Blank.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:42 pm

sushdmehta left you a big tip in his reply. Pay attention to his words in bold and read the question in the form again.

naeed

Post by naeed » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:19 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Please be patient. People will respond if and when they wish to.
one doesnt need to show frustration and unhappy on this board.......i wasnt in hurry!!!!!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:29 pm

naeed wrote:any one with reply please!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
naeed wrote:one doesnt need to show frustration and unhappy on this board.......i wasnt in hurry!!!!!!!
Your post asking for a response / answer within 37 minutes of posting the query and with a dozen exclamation marks did or conveyed nothing but exactly that!
When posting on a public forum where people give their time and effort for free, please be patient to receive a response. End of story.

To answer your questions,
1. British passport - read the third post in this FAQ topic.
2. Question 1.3 - Well, your child never applied for settlement and hence there is no date of settlement.
3. Question 3.1 - Is either parent a British citizen by descent? You have ILR, so is your wife a British citizen by descent?

Reading the MN1 guide before filling up the MN1 form will be useful.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!