ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Be positive its not reached 60 working days yet and looking at hyderabads statistics you should hear something very very soon
Srinibondugula wrote:No Paz, No news yet, It is still under process.

It's almost 70 days since i have applied (52nd workign day). Looking at the stats, I think it would take another week or so...But its really paining to wait such a long time. I just dont have any words to convince my wife..:-(

27/03/2012 - Submitted @ VFS Hyderabad
27/03/2012 - Sent to BHC

sanghasaab

Post by sanghasaab » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Mine 45 days complete today. I hope to hear soon. And m1234 dont worry about interview one of my mate he went to interview. He was illegal in uk. Eco talked to him just 10 mins and issued him visa. He got passport same day evening from delhi. But make sure tell them everything truth.my mate explain to him how did he enter in uk and hows he been in uk.

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm

@goto_venkat..
What is your status of application.

Regards,
Neeraj Verma

Applied on 8th May @ VFS Jalandhar
Status as on today: Application forwarded to BHC.

mrite123

Post by mrite123 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi all

Any one form Delhi VFS....

Application Date- 9 may 2012.
Today status- Under process...

thax

m1234

Post by m1234 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:11 pm

pazpatel wrote:No news yet my side I am afriad...... Cant believe it... applied on 6th March and still nothing,a nd when my wife calls BHC they just say under process.... Do not understand why people who have applied after me (no offence to anyone) have already heard... Just doesnt make sense to me.

Hopefully we hear good news any day. Im just hoping that if it was a rejection I would have heard by now. But maybe just becuase we supplied more documents then needed or somthing that has caused the delay. Or they have misplaced some stuff or something.

M1234 - Personally I think this is really good news for you... An interview is what they should bring back for all applicants... Back in the day it was a interview and stamp immediatley or something like that, in fact last night I was watching BBC parliment (I know I am sad) but there was a topic on immigration, they are doing a trial for interviews again at the moment putting 50% of Tier 4 applicants trhough interview process when they apply. This is good, instead of looking a bunch of dicuments interviewing will be much better, someone can usually tell if someone is lying.... Dont you think.... Anyway back to the point the fact they have called him for an interview is good. He can go in there confident give his story and feeling for you etc and it should all be fine. As long as you are not hiding anything this is a really good situation, he just needs to go in confident remember to tell all teh truth etc. Also if you are not going to India what I would suggest is getting to him by courier or what ever some more documents of recent communication emails etc, so the stuff you have put in yoru application "TOP IT UP", so maybe your recent bank statements, emails, itemised billing, etc etc..... Get it to him and he can take that with him as it will back what he is saying, also maybe another statement from you saying why you are not there, the strain on life as apart etc.

What do you think??

ZeeZeeZee - Nothing yet my side, when and where did you apply again?

I have a up to date list of people who I have tracked on and off this forum in the months of Feb, March, April and May, if anyone wants a copy add me on FB or email me - paras000@hotmail.com

Fingers crossed for all of us...

And M1234 - Do not worry about a thing... As long as all is truth and honest this is a good thing and maybe with a bit of luck they stamp passport there and then and send him on his way...
Hi,

Thank you Paz, i really hope thats the case.

Just hope they don't intimidate you, and catch you out on a technicality.

We're truthful about everything, and really have no reason to worry, but you just can't help worrying, as interviewing is so rare and i dont know anyone else who has been through the same situation.

I'm goin to send my latest bank statements and wages slips, and we have lots of communication i can show, we talk atleast 4 times a days and have lots of messages going back and forth too.

I just hope the outcome of the interview is positive and hopefully we get the response soon after the interview.

I can't believe you still haven't heard Paz, is there no formal procedure you can follow? Maybe you should try contacting the Uk border agency here and see if they can look into for you.

Hope you hear soon

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm

@mrite123, @neerajverma, @goto_venkat

I hope yours application gets processed quickly and i hope its not as long as what the waiting times are now.
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

m1234

Post by m1234 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 pm

sanghasaab wrote:Mine 45 days complete today. I hope to hear soon. And m1234 dont worry about interview one of my mate he went to interview. He was illegal in uk. Eco talked to him just 10 mins and issued him visa. He got passport same day evening from delhi. But make sure tell them everything truth.my mate explain to him how did he enter in uk and hows he been in uk.
Hi Sanghasaab,

Thank you for your response, i hope this is the case for us too, was your friends interview done recently, i mean in the last few months?

Also good luck with yours, hope you hear very soon, i believe the response times should start speeding up now. :-)

sanghasaab

Post by sanghasaab » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:28 am

M1234 yes he had interview in last march.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 am

m1234 wrote:
pazpatel wrote:No news yet my side I am afriad...... Cant believe it... applied on 6th March and still nothing,a nd when my wife calls BHC they just say under process.... Do not understand why people who have applied after me (no offence to anyone) have already heard... Just doesnt make sense to me.

Hopefully we hear good news any day. Im just hoping that if it was a rejection I would have heard by now. But maybe just becuase we supplied more documents then needed or somthing that has caused the delay. Or they have misplaced some stuff or something.

M1234 - Personally I think this is really good news for you... An interview is what they should bring back for all applicants... Back in the day it was a interview and stamp immediatley or something like that, in fact last night I was watching BBC parliment (I know I am sad) but there was a topic on immigration, they are doing a trial for interviews again at the moment putting 50% of Tier 4 applicants trhough interview process when they apply. This is good, instead of looking a bunch of dicuments interviewing will be much better, someone can usually tell if someone is lying.... Dont you think.... Anyway back to the point the fact they have called him for an interview is good. He can go in there confident give his story and feeling for you etc and it should all be fine. As long as you are not hiding anything this is a really good situation, he just needs to go in confident remember to tell all teh truth etc. Also if you are not going to India what I would suggest is getting to him by courier or what ever some more documents of recent communication emails etc, so the stuff you have put in yoru application "TOP IT UP", so maybe your recent bank statements, emails, itemised billing, etc etc..... Get it to him and he can take that with him as it will back what he is saying, also maybe another statement from you saying why you are not there, the strain on life as apart etc.

What do you think??

I have a up to date list of people who I have tracked on and off this forum in the months of Feb, March, April and May, if anyone wants a copy add me on FB or email me - paras000@hotmail.com

And M1234 - Do not worry about a thing... As long as all is truth and honest this is a good thing and maybe with a bit of luck they stamp passport there and then and send him on his way...
Hi,

We're truthful about everything, and really have no reason to worry, but you just can't help worrying, as interviewing is so rare and i dont know anyone else who has been through the same situation.

I'm goin to send my latest bank statements and wages slips, and we have lots of communication i can show, we talk atleast 4 times a days and have lots of messages going back and forth too.

I just hope the outcome of the interview is positive and hopefully we get the response soon after the interview.

I can't believe you still haven't heard Paz, is there no formal procedure you can follow? Maybe you should try contacting the Uk border agency here and see if they can look into for you.

Hope you hear soon
I have tried to contact UKBA here in croydon, India and get nothing at all. I think all I can do it wait, got an email from VFS this mornign (finally) they average is 54 working days. But each case if different etc etc blah blah blah..... Nothing back from BHC though.

You have nothing to worry about at all in that case.... Like I said it is a good thing they are doing the interview I personally like this. You will get stamp same day..... Watch this space!!!

Its defo a good idea as suggested to get that info across to him as this will back up what he is saying and show latest data after application that you are still in contact, working etc etc....
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

m1234

Post by m1234 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:13 am

pazpatel wrote:
m1234 wrote:

What do you think??

Hi,

Hope you hear soon
I have tried to contact UKBA here in croydon, India and get nothing at all. I think all I can do it wait, got an email from VFS this mornign (finally) they average is 54 working days. But each case if different etc etc blah blah blah..... Nothing back from BHC though.

You have nothing to worry about at all in that case.... Like I said it is a good thing they are doing the interview I personally like this. You will get stamp same day..... Watch this space!!!

Its defo a good idea as suggested to get that info across to him as this will back up what he is saying and show latest data after application that you are still in contact, working etc etc....
Hi Paz,

Yep hope you are right and thats what happens. Fingers crossed now. :-) - Will let you know how it went.

That's an awful situation you are in, not being able to do anything, i mean if the website says you can check with them after 3 months, its silly that you can't. It must be very straining for you and your wife, hopefully the outcome is good in the end :-).

Did you send alot of documents in, do you think that might be the case, as it may take them longer to look through, but to be honest our file was really big too, we had to put them in 3 separate sections as the tags wouldnt fit through lol!

Hope all is well in the end and this time next month we are with our partners :-)

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 am

neerajverma wrote:@goto_venkat..
What is your status of application.

Regards,
Neeraj Verma

Applied on 8th May @ VFS Jalandhar
Status as on today: Application forwarded to BHC.
Applied @ VFS Hyderabad
Status on today: Application is under process at the British High Commission

m1234

Post by m1234 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:04 pm

sanghasaab wrote:M1234 yes he had interview in last march.
Hi Sabghasaab,

Sorry one last question, do you know how many people conduct the interview. is just one person, the ECO?

sanghasaab

Post by sanghasaab » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:54 pm

M1234 i let u know soon i talk to him

Srinibondugula

Post by Srinibondugula » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Hello Paz,

I have sent you an email - paras000@hotmail.com about the ILR list. Please could you check and reply?

m1234

Post by m1234 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 pm

sanghasaab wrote:M1234 i let u know soon i talk to him
Thank you :-)

sanghasaab

new rules

Post by sanghasaab » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:42 am

Hi all please follow this link::http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/0 ... ark-choice this is regarding new rules. I hope they do not backdate. I found this from another thread.... Spousal visa application pakistan

kdpatel_87

Re: new rules

Post by kdpatel_87 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:34 am

[quote="sanghasaab"]Hi all please follow this link::http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/0 ... ark-choice
Last edited by kdpatel_87 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kdpatel_87

Re: new rules

Post by kdpatel_87 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:44 pm

sanghasaab wrote:Hi all please follow this link::http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/0 ... ark-choice this is regarding new rules. I hope they do not backdate. I found this from another thread.... Spousal visa application pakistan
hello all !!! Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants
Campaigning for justice in immigration & asylum law & policy
said that we can overcome by this problem by doing this small thing they said The Government has not yet introduced Rules reflecting the above, but it's likely to. We’d usually ask you to write to your MP at this point. A handful of you would, and a smattering of MPs would receive a letter, a couple may get two, they’d reply and nothing else would happen. So we’d like you instead, to contact Chris Bryant, Labour’s shadow immigration minister. We want him to oppose these policy proposals and any corresponding Rule changes. We want him to stand up and say publicly that immigration for the rich only is not on. He is in a position to give these Rule changes some serious opposition. Go on, drop him a line, you can contact him at bryantc@parliament.uk. He’d love to hear from

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Srinibondugula wrote:Hello Paz,

I have sent you an email - paras000@hotmail.com about the ILR list. Please could you check and reply?
Hi, I didnt get an email from you... It is the number 0 NOT letter just in case. paras000@hotmail.com

Please re send

P
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:20 am

Morning all...

I called BHC today and they have told me that mine may take up to 24 weeks as they are carrying out further internal checks and inquieries... Does anyone know what this means and what further checks they would be doing?

Also, has any one ever made a appointment to see someone at the BHC in mumbai? Or anything that can be done to speed this up. O tried very hard on the phone to guy to find out what checks, if I can speed up the checks by contacting my bank or anything etc. They said no and it may take up to 24 weeks.

I have applied on 6th March in AHM, Gujarat India for Settlement VISA.
I am UK Passport Holder, born in the UK, got married in December in India.

Finance is not a issue, I earn above £40k which is all prooved, parents home, but full council report and photos, up to date mortgage statement etc. all wedding photos, phone bills etc etc. All there. Only possible issue is I pay my self on a director loan account, so minimum £1000 on PAYE and rest on divendens which again has all been documents, explained and also a qualified accountant has written me a letter and signed it to. I have provided the business bank statement of my tax being paid to HMRC too.

Any thoughst on anyone? I am looking to fly out next week to see my wife, hoping to try get something resolved.
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:44 pm

pazpatel wrote:Morning all...

I called BHC today and they have told me that mine may take up to 24 weeks as they are carrying out further internal checks and inquieries... Does anyone know what this means and what further checks they would be doing?

Also, has any one ever made a appointment to see someone at the BHC in mumbai? Or anything that can be done to speed this up. O tried very hard on the phone to guy to find out what checks, if I can speed up the checks by contacting my bank or anything etc. They said no and it may take up to 24 weeks.

Finance is not a issue, I earn above £40k which is all prooved, parents home, but full council report and photos, up to date mortgage statement etc. all wedding photos, phone bills etc etc. All there. Only possible issue is I pay my self on a director loan account, so minimum £1000 on PAYE and rest on divendens which again has all been documents, explained and also a qualified accountant has written me a letter and signed it to. I have provided the business bank statement of my tax being paid to HMRC too.

Any thoughst on anyone? I am looking to fly out next week to see my wife, hoping to try get something resolved.
I would be surprised if they would give you an appt in these circumstances. Your wife's application is still within their service standards albeit is in the 5% range. They have given you a reason for the delay and you have probably identified what they are verifying.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Greenie wrote:
pazpatel wrote:Morning all...

I would be surprised if they would give you an appt in these circumstances. Your wife's application is still within their service standards albeit is in the 5% range. They have given you a reason for the delay and you have probably identified what they are verifying.
Thats the thing, I do not know what they are verifying.... It doesnt make sense to me. and thats god's honest truth.

All I am hoping is that if they where going to reject me they would have by now right? I asked for a appt, as just applying for my visa now and planning to fly out to India so thought if I can get one great. But seriously why us???

I have recked my brains since this morning and cannot think of one thing, in my past, my documents, my wife's docs etc. In fact my case is probably a lot more stronger then most applying (no offence in tended) Even with the new rules possibly being rolled out I would still be well clear.
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello paz..
Its taking really long time and only 5% of total applications may take upto 24 weeks as per ukba website..
Fingers crossed.. hope to hear from you very soon..

Warm Regards,
Neeraj Verma

Applied @ VFS Jalandhar on 8th May 2012
Status as on 11-06-2012: Forwarded to BHC..

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:27 pm

@paz,

dnt panic or get worried plz... this is just another excuse for their delay...

trust me, hold on ur faith on god plz... as they cant straight away say that we are lazy and short of staff, so thats why a standard line has been said...
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:28 pm

sorry somehow the submit button got pressed wid this post... yucks, i dnt knw how to delete a post
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014