ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

general questions about spouse visa application!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Omaricious

general questions about spouse visa application!!!

Post by Omaricious » Tue May 01, 2012 1:20 pm

hello everyone
i wud like like to ask some questions and wud b grateful for any useful answers... umm lemme begin:

i will be getting married within 3 months inshaalah to a british citizen who has a double nationality (british/moroccan) so when signin the marriage paper shud i marry her as british citizen or as moroccan (coz when translating the marriage paper they won't recognize the moroccan identity of the spouse init??)

my 2nd question concerns the min wage required for the spouse in the UK and the period of work (do they require 3months paylsips n bank statements or 6 months)

3rd n last one is about the english test... is it compulsory or can u take a test inside the embassy in order to determine ur ability to speak n understand english??

Thank you :)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue May 01, 2012 7:40 pm

I cannot answer your first question, but...

2. 3 months minimum for wage slips and bank statements, but 6 months is ideal.

3. The test must be done at an approved test centre BEFORE you apply. The results need to be submitted with the documents.

scan87

Re: general questions about spouse visa application!!!

Post by scan87 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:09 am

Omaricious wrote:hello everyone
i wud like like to ask some questions and wud b grateful for any useful answers... umm lemme begin:

i will be getting married within 3 months inshaalah to a british citizen who has a double nationality (british/moroccan) so when signin the marriage paper shud i marry her as british citizen or as moroccan (coz when translating the marriage paper they won't recognize the moroccan identity of the spouse init??)

my 2nd question concerns the min wage required for the spouse in the UK and the period of work (do they require 3months paylsips n bank statements or 6 months)

3rd n last one is about the english test... is it compulsory or can u take a test inside the embassy in order to determine ur ability to speak n understand english??

Thank you :)
I cannot answer your first question as well. I hope the moderators or the senior members can help you out with this question.

There is nothing called a minimum wage to sponsor your spouse. You just need to have a regular income coming into your bank account.

You need to show that you will have a minimum of £105.95 remaining weekly as a couple after paying rent or mortgage and council tax. This is under current regulations.

Check out this link:
MAA5 What evidence of maintenance is required?

Check out this link as well:
SET03 - Spouses

For the English Language Requirement part please check out this link:
English Language Requirement

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Mon May 07, 2012 7:26 pm

thank u mates for these answers i really appreciate it.

jst another question : is it useful to make a civil act of mariage there in the UK and add it with the documents when applyin!!? or jst wait until we get married here in morocco and apply normaly with a moroccan translated act??

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Mon May 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Any update for the 1st questions??

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 am

Omaricious wrote:Any update for the 1st questions??
It has to be British :wink:

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm

soo if we get married as a mixed couple shud it help during the visa process?? or is it the same as if we got married under moroccan law as moroccan nationals n then translated all copies for the embassy??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:52 am

Are you getting married in Morocco?

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Greenie wrote:Are you getting married in Morocco?
yes sir we r gettin married in Morocco within 3 months!!!

jst for the info she's not resident in morocco (bt has a double nationality british/Moroccan)!! she's coming for 3 weeks n then back to the UK!!

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Any updates??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm

I don't really understand your question. You can't have a civil marriage in the UK unless you are both present here. If you are marrying in Morocco, as long as the marriage is considered lawful in Morocco it will be considered lawful in the UK.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Greenie wrote:I don't really understand your question. You can't have a civil marriage in the UK unless you are both present here. If you are marrying in Morocco, as long as the marriage is considered lawful in Morocco it will be considered lawful in the UK.

yess we will get married under moroccan law as being both moroccans!! n then i wud translate all the documents required to present them to the embassy... if i do this!! is it the same as if we got married as a mixed couple?i mean considering her as a foreigner!! wud this help with the visa process?