ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP (RC) - How to get quickly

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nur1981
Newly Registered

BRP (RC) - How to get quickly

Post by nur1981 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:50 am

Hi,

I have lost my BRP(ILR) and need to make an application for replacement BRP after returning back.

However, I am required to travel back out of UK again in couple of weeks time. Looking at some of the forums on this discussion board about waiting times for BRP (RC), it seems it will take atleast 6-8 weeks to get it.

I am just wondering if anyone has tried other means other than postal applications, like in-person appointment or through solicitor and if so, does it help in getting the permit quicker ?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 am

Hi,
You can only apply using postal. PEO appt are not available for this as it is a different department within UKBA in Co Durham that deals with BRP (RC) applications. Using a solicitor will unfortunately not help you either as they will charge you a fortune for something that only costs £37 pounds and also, you will need to resubmit your biometrics at a post office once you receive the letter to do so.

The guidance notes are very clear on the process to follow : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf

And you are also advised not to make any non-urgent travel arrangements.

Have you notified them with the full details that you have lost your BRP as it needs to be cancelled : BRPlost@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as this is a mandatory requirement.

Thanks
Char