ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 180 days for Tier 1 depedent, please suggest

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

puneetdwd

ILR 180 days for Tier 1 depedent, please suggest

Post by puneetdwd » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:56 pm

I got my tier 1 extension till Jan 2013 along with my wife....I would need another extension as till Jan 2013 I would be around 9 months short of completing 5 years (came UK 9 months after getting my T1 visa)...

My wife joined 6 month later which means she is (6+9) 15 months short, later she went back India again for around 6+ months.

In a nutshell, does a Tier 1 dependent need to follow the same rule 90/180 continous stay in UK to be illegible for ILR ? or its just the main applicant who has to follow the 5 year conidtion and dependent can become ILR dependent on Me. Please clarify.

Many Thanks
P

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR 180 days for Tier 1 depedent, please suggest

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:00 pm

puneetdwd wrote:In a nutshell, does a Tier 1 dependent need to follow the same rule 90/180 continous stay in UK to be illegible for ILR ?
No.

Q16 under the following FAQ sticky should help answer this question too.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378