ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employer sponsorship license application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

strangerboo
BANNED

employer sponsorship license application

Post by strangerboo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi All,

My employeer has applied for tier 2 license and have paid the fees etc but have not heard from ukba. when we contact them they say, they have a back log and can take 3 extra weeks, we have applied in march and still nothing

does it normally take this long?

Thanks

Phoebe
Newly Registered

Post by Phoebe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm

My employers applied since the 20th of January (nearly 6 months now) and I'm still waiting for approval. So you may have a very long wait too.

strangerboo
BANNED

Post by strangerboo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm

does it normally take this long?

once the application approved, does anyone know how long it takes to get the cos for employee? i am in the UK so the limit should not apply to me.

I meet the requirements of the tier 2 such as approperiate salary, rlt

thanks

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 am

strangerboo wrote:does it normally take this long?

once the application approved, does anyone know how long it takes to get the cos for employee?
Almost instant. If your application is approved they will give you the requested COS with it.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

breakingwaves
Newly Registered

Post by breakingwaves » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Phoebe wrote:My employers applied since the 20th of January (nearly 6 months now) and I'm still waiting for approval. So you may have a very long wait too.
My employer applied on Feb 22 and still haven't heard a thing. It's disheartening to hear that it could take up to 6 months. Have you heard anything?

strangerboo
BANNED

Post by strangerboo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:23 pm

so is it a max of 6 month ( up to ) if so at least you know when u may hear or the max limit otherwise they can drag it for year/s

i was under impression that the employer should get a response soon and what happens if they need this urgently , again wait 6 month ? if so not a very good system