ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence and Canadian PR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mist99
Newly Registered

10 year long residence and Canadian PR query

Post by mist99 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:04 am

Hello guys, I'm planning to apply for the 10 year long residence in this September, but not sure if the Canadian permanent residence I got will have any implication on my application. I applied to immigrate to Canada during my stay in the UK and my application was approved at the beginning of this year. Since I haven't decided to move to Canada or not, I only went there for a few days to activate my PR and to see what the country is like. I'm now back in the UK to prepare for my long residence application, but a bit concerned that my Canadian PR might be interpreted by the Home Office as an intention of leaving the UK and then they might refuse my application. Do you guys think I need to worry to about it? If yes, any suggestions for me to avoid it? Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: 10 year long residence and Canadian PR query

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:37 am

mist99 wrote:if the Canadian permanent residence I got will have any implication on my application.
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mist99
Newly Registered

Post by mist99 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks a lot. That's reassuring.