ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Proof of Co-habitation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:52 pm

soniac wrote:I suppose it completely changes once he is my husband. What would I need to show upon entry apart from marriage certificate
Exactly. I am an EU citizen. This is my husband. We're married - oh, you'd like to see the marriage certificate, well here you are.

That's it really.

soniac

Post by soniac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm

[quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"][quote="soniac"]I suppose it completely changes once he is my husband. What would I need to show upon entry apart from marriage certificate[/quote]

Exactly. I am an EU citizen. This is my husband. We're married - oh, you'd like to see the marriage certificate, well here you are.

That's it really.[/quote]

Sorry for the gazillion questions, but do you know roughly how long it would take to get a resident card so he could work?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm

I have personal experience of ignorant IOs (those who do not understand the rules rather than being rude) even with family permit, etc. You just need to stand your ground.

You'll be fine at the end of the day.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm

soniac wrote: Sorry for the gazillion questions, but do you know roughly how long it would take to get a resident card so he could work?
RC can take up to six months, should be issued much sooner than than and in practice around 3 months.

COA (on receipt of RC application) should be issued immediately, though in practice takes 2 - 4 weeks. Others here report much longer, but again the law is on your side. The law says immediately.

A COA to a married family member will give explicit permission to work.

soniac

Post by soniac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 pm

[quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"][quote="soniac"]
Sorry for the gazillion questions, but do you know roughly how long it would take to get a resident card so he could work?[/quote]

RC can take up to six months, should be issued much sooner than than and in practice around 3 months.

COA (on receipt of RC application) should be issued immediately, though in practice takes 2 - 4 weeks. Others here report much longer, but again the law is on your side. The law says immediately.

A COA to a married family member will give explicit permission to work.[/quote]

Is it just a letter they issue and he would have to show that to his potential employers?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Yes, it is basically a letter confirming receipt of an EEA application, but it has details on employment permissions.

soniac

Post by soniac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 pm

[quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"]Yes, it is basically a letter confirming receipt of an EEA application, but it has details on employment permissions.[/quote]

Honestly, why did we not just do this sooner? Would have saved all this lost time apart...thank you once again, you have been such a great help:))

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:11 pm

[quote="soniac"
Honestly, why did we not just do this sooner?[/quote]

Because many people don't realise that it is possible. Don't worry about the past, look forward to the future.

Que tú y tu novia tengan una buena vida juntos. Buena suerte!

soniac

Post by soniac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:13 pm

[quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"][quote="soniac"
Honestly, why did we not just do this sooner?[/quote]

Because many people don't realise that it is possible. Don't worry about the past, look forward to the future.

Que tú y tu novia tengan una buena vida juntos. Buena suerte![/quote]

Muchas gracias, y cuando tengo noticias te mande un mensaje!!!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Best of luck. If you need anything more, post back.

soniac

Post by soniac » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi everyone...so heres an update on our appeal (we have decided to see how it pans out).

After submitting our appeal on May 10th to the immigration and Asylum Tier 1 Tribunal, we sent all our supporting documents that were received by them on May 14th, we had finally received our notice of pending appeal on June 13th stating that our appeal and all supporting documents were sent to the embassy in Bogota.

My partner has received an email today from the Bogota embassy saying that they have received our appeal, however none of the supporting documents we have listed on our appeal have been received. They said to fax them over asap so they can continue to process our appeal. But I have sent everything so perfectly put together to the tribunal office as there are alot of documents submitted.

I called the embassy in Bogota immediately and asked to speak to someone, but I was told to send an email with all the details and that it will be answered within 48 hours.

I have also emailed the Tribunal customer service and plan to ring them 1st thing in the morning to ask what is going on.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone before and if so, how long does it set the appeal process back? Can my documents be lost? Any suggestions on what i should do would be so appreciated.

soniac

Post by soniac » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:39 pm

So after ringing the first tier tribunal and demanding to speak to a manager (the customer service employee told me it would take a few days to make the enquiry as to where my documents were and I told him i've waited long enough and that he put me through to his manager), she told me she'd look into it and get back to me. After a couple of hours she rang me back and said that my supporting documents were still in their office and that she was having them sent out asap. I was not a happy camper to hear this since the embassy had finally gotten around to looking at our appeal and because perhaps someone 'forgot' to include the most important part of my appeal in the package they sent the embassy I now have to wait until they receive the documents before they can proceed. urgh!!!

soniac

Post by soniac » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi everyone, I wanted to update you all and hope to give some other people some hope and inspiration....our appeal for an unmarried eea family permit was successful and the ECM decided to overturn their original refusal...this decision came nearly one month before the deadline the embassy was given by the first tier tribunal. We received an email yesterday asking for my partner to send in his passport so they can issue him the visa. Original lodge of appeal was May 10, first tier tribunal sent notice of pending appeal with august 29th deadline in June 13, overturn of decision August 2nd.

It has been a long wait, many tears and stressful days, but it just goes to show that with perserverance and patience, genuine relationships will be recognized.

Thank you to everyone for all their support and guidance, I have learned so much since joining this board, and im sure you will see me again when its time to begin the next step for obtaining COA....hahaha

Cheers everyone