ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scanned and stamped documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seekinghelp1111
Newly Registered

Scanned and stamped documents

Post by Seekinghelp1111 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Dear all

My hubby applied for a spouse visa. We have submitted a lot of originals However , my sponsership letter and decleration where signed by myself, stamped and then scanned and sent by email. My letter of employment which is also stamped has been scanned, then printed by my hubby and added to the file.

I am worried this could this be a reason to reject us. I was hoping the fact that they are stamped would help but after reading about people getting rejected for silly stuff i'm getting scared...

I could have sent them over by courier but because of the bank holiday i didnt. :-( Do you think this will be a major problem?
Last edited by Seekinghelp1111 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Scanned and stamped documents

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 am

Seekinghelp1111 wrote:My hubby applied for a spouse visa on 1/6/12. We have submitted a lot of originals i.e marriage cert, english test cert, my bank statements and payslips, notarised copy of my passport, property inspection report, letter from landlord. Hubby's things are all originals.

However , my sponsership letter and decleration where signed by myself, stamped with my work stamp (which has my name on it) then scanned and sent by email. My letter of employment which is also stamped has been scanned, then printed by my hubby and added to the file.
Should be okay.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:45 pm

you can send the documents even if you have submitted the application already.

Seekinghelp1111
Newly Registered

Post by Seekinghelp1111 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm

what do you mean?

I thought that once the file was submitted and with the BHC you are not able to add any more papers.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Scanned and stamped documents

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Seekinghelp1111 wrote:Dear all

My hubby applied for a spouse visa on 1/6/12. We have submitted a lot of originals i.e marriage cert, english test cert, my bank statements and payslips, notarised copy of my passport, property inspection report, letter from landlord. Hubby's things are all originals.

However , my sponsership letter and decleration where signed by myself, stamped with my work stamp (which has my name on it) then scanned and sent by email. My letter of employment which is also stamped has been scanned, then printed by my hubby and added to the file.

I am worried this could this be a reason to reject us. I was hoping the fact that they are stamped would help but after reading about people getting rejected for silly stuff i'm getting scared...

I could have sent them over by courier but because of the bank holiday i didnt. :-( Do you think this will be a major problem?
I agree that it shouldn't be a problem, but don't personally know whether it is stated as acceptable in any of the UKBA guidance. I have submitted printouts of scanned documents (e.g, signed sponsorship letters, sponsors bank statements/payslip etc...) in previous applications and not had a problem.

Seekinghelp1111
Newly Registered

Post by Seekinghelp1111 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:09 am

thanks for your help, i'll cross my fingers then

using dhl is expensive and takes times plus i'd already used it once previously, i just wanted the sponsership letters to be as up to date as possible thats why i scanned them