ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECAA 1 Turkish visa Extension - Please help Seniors

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

ECAA 1 Turkish visa Extension - Please help Seniors

Post by ITGraduate » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:12 am

Hi There,

My wife is on a ECAA 1 visa category.She has a turkish passport and applied for extension of their stay under ECAA 1 Visa category along with our daughter as her dependent. I am not part of this application as I have my own visa. ( Tier 1 General )

We posted the application on 3rd April for which we have the royal mail proof of delivery receipt. 11th April we received a letter to submit biometric at nearest post office for my wife and daughter which we did on 12th April . Since then We havent received any notification from them.

Do any of you know a number to call them or email them, I called the Home office number and was told they cannot give any update unless its not more than 6 months.

Please help!!! We need to travel and need both my wifes and daughters passport

Thanks,

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:17 am

Please somebody help me if you have any information

Thanks,

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Is there no one who can help?

your advise very much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 pm

I'd love to be able to help, but I am not familiar with the process. I suspect that you can ask for passports back without affecting the application, but it won't necessarily speed the application up (you need to check this out for yourself though).

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:06 pm

[quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"]I'd love to be able to help, but I am not familiar with the process. I suspect that you can ask for passports back without affecting the application, but it won't necessarily speed the application up (you need to check this out for yourself though).[/quote]

Thanks mate, I will try this tomorrow and let update you

thanks

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

received passport

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi There,

Some good news finally

Received passports yesterday and biometric card today after 11 weeks

Thanks

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:29 pm

[quote="didem007"]I cannot believe this..after 11 weeks? I submitted my application on 16th April, had to give my biometrics twice since they spelled my name incorrectly on the first one..the second was given on 29th May..I need to travel on 11th July..were you able to get a number at the end or any feedback at all? 11 weeks is well too much[/quote]

Hi There,

I'm so sorry to hear you still havent received. However I think 11th July looks unlikely to get your documents. Because of this delay I wasnt able to travel turkey. I lost lot of money and made my family very upset as I couldnt go.

If you would like your case expedited then the reasons for this and any accompanying evidence should be sent to his case work unit at: ECAA Team, PO Box 4160, Sheffield, S1 9DZ or at ECCA@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk.

please send them an letter and also email them

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Thanks,

didem007
Newly Registered

Post by didem007 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:44 am

Hi IT graduate

thanks for your reply. I guess the email address is ecaa@ukba.gsi.gov.uk ?

Where did you get this e-mail? I have been trying for ages to find their e-mail address.

I will change my flights now to 18th July..I sent them an e-mail and a letter, will let you know. Thank you again.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:01 am

Hi There,

Please make sure you you keep your ticket open. Call Turkish Airlines ( I suppose you booked through them) and ask them to leave your ticket open.

I dont think you will get your passport by 18th July ( sorry to say this )

Secondly, you will get your passport first and then after 3 or 4 working days you will get your biometric card.

good luck

Thanks,

didem007
Newly Registered

Post by didem007 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:32 am

Hello

I just wanted to say that I got my passports and documents back on Friday after emailing the address you gave. Thank you very much for your help. Unlike most of the unnecessary comments on forums, your replies were very helpful.

I have one last question, if you dont mind..Do you know what happens if you are not at home when Biometric Id arrives? Can anyone sign and take it, or do they leave a note for you to pick up from the post office? I heard that they are using a courier service? Have you received it in 2-3 days?

Thank you
Didem