ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have been waiting for over 7 and half months for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

I have been waiting for over 7 and half months for ILR

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 am

We first applied ILR in Oct 2011 by premiurm services,but we didn't get the decision on the same day,then we start waiting, I have got our local MP write to them,my employer wrote to them as well, but just no response back from HO. Every time I call them,you can not get any information out from the operator, I really don't know what should we do now,can anyone kindly to give us some advises,please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Under which category have you applied for settlement?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Under which category have you applied for settlement?
Work permit, and my salary is £42k and been paying tax for last 5 years

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 pm

I am surprised that a letter from MP has elicited no response. While I am not aware that one exists but some members of the forum have been claiming that MPs have a "hotline" with UKBA and I had started to believe it!

Anyhow, it is indeed a fact that intervention from an MP wakes up UKBA with regards to the case in question and a customary response, if nothing more, can be expected.

But if there has been none, as you state, perhaps it is time to make a formal complaint. And, perhaps, request your MP to send UKBA a reminder to respond to his / her communication to them regarding the case.

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I am surprised that a letter from MP has elicited no response. While I am not aware that one exists but some members of the forum have been claiming that MPs have a "hotline" with UKBA and I had started to believe it!

Anyhow, it is indeed a fact that intervention from an MP wakes up UKBA with regards to the case in question and a customary response, if nothing more, can be expected.

But if there has been none, as you state, perhaps it is time to make a formal complaint. And, perhaps, request your MP to send UKBA a reminder to respond to his / her communication to them regarding the case.
Thanks for your help,actually MP did have the hotline from UKBA,and the response back from UKBA also just state it's still waiting for further consideration and nothing else, HO just totally ignored the letter from employer and myself. The problem is now we cannot get any info out from ukba,do you have any suggestions then?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Is there anything out of ordinary in your application? - Excess absences / salary not as per COP / employer evading PAYE / conviction etc.? Such issues could explain the need for verification and therefore the delay.

Make a formal complaint. And request your MP to send UKBA a reminder to provide an explanation why further consideration is taking so long for an premium application and that an update is expected.

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Is there anything out of ordinary in your application? - Excess absences / salary not as per COP / employer evading PAYE / conviction etc.? Such issues could explain the need for verification and therefore the delay.
I think everything was fine, as I asked one legal representive to submit the application for me, and we did all the check before we submit. Is it common to wait for that . The problem is that you can not get any info out from them.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Haizhou1218 wrote:The problem is that you can not get any info out from them.
And that is why only a formal complaint or MP's intervention may help.

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Haizhou1218 wrote:The problem is that you can not get any info out from them.
And that is why only a formal complaint or MP's intervention may help.
I have chased the MP quite often, I may give them call again next week,see whether they can offer more help or not? Thanks for your help.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:22 pm

its really sad you should talk to BBC...and complain them

since yours was premium....you should highlight your case...

ron17
Newly Registered

Re: I have been waiting for over 7 and half months for ILR

Post by ron17 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Haizhou1218 wrote:We first applied ILR in Oct 2011 by premiurm services,but we didn't get the decision on the same day,then we start waiting, I have got our local MP write to them,my employer wrote to them as well, but just no response back from HO. Every time I call them,you can not get any information out from the operator, I really don't know what should we do now,can anyone kindly to give us some advises,please?
This is quite worrying, as I will be applying my ILR at PEO in few weeks time.

Did they tell you why they couldn't give you the decision at the PEO?

Hope you get your ILR soon.

Haizhou1218
Newly Registered

Re: I have been waiting for over 7 and half months for ILR

Post by Haizhou1218 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 pm

ron17 wrote:
Haizhou1218 wrote:We first applied ILR in Oct 2011 by premiurm services,but we didn't get the decision on the same day,then we start waiting, I have got our local MP write to them,my employer wrote to them as well, but just no response back from HO. Every time I call them,you can not get any information out from the operator, I really don't know what should we do now,can anyone kindly to give us some advises,please?
This is quite worrying, as I will be applying my ILR at PEO in few weeks time.

Did they tell you why they couldn't give you the decision at the PEO?

Hope you get your ILR soon.
All they said is that there is more investigation need to carry, I think I am just the unlucky one, you should be fine