ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal (On Expiry of Old Passport)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ric1982
Member of Standing

Indian Passport Renewal (On Expiry of Old Passport)

Post by ric1982 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:33 am

Hi,

I have following two questions regarding renewal of Indian Passport on expiry of old Passport.

My passport if due to expire in July 2012 and I wish to apply renewal now from Birmingham Only. My questions are ...

(1) What is the photo size accepted in Birmingham?
(2) My address in India has changed slightly (We still live at the same location but the local council has changed the building number for some reason). What documents do I need to submit if I put this slightly new address in the form? (which is slightly different to the address on the old passport)

thanks

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 am

35 mm x 45 mm. Birmingham does not have special photo requirements
(2) My address in India has changed slightly (We still live at the same location but the local council has changed the building number for some reason). What documents do I need to submit if I put this slightly new address in the form? (which is slightly different to the address on the old passport)
Address proof of new address. Typically bank statement, ration card, PAN Card. It needs to have the new address clearly mentioned. If it has the old address on it, then get it corrected on the supporting document and submit along with passport applicaiton

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 am

krazydude wrote:
35 mm x 45 mm. Birmingham does not have special photo requirements
Address proof of new address. Typically bank statement, ration card, PAN Card. It needs to have the new address clearly mentioned. If it has the old address on it, then get it corrected on the supporting document and submit along with passport applicaiton
Thanks very much for the response. That was very helpful.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 pm

hi ric...

did u get ur new passport?
can u share ur experience in bham cgi...
what time should u be there in the que?
how long the process takes?