ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and SET(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

linuxman2k3
Newly Registered

ILR and SET(O) form

Post by linuxman2k3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 pm

I am including my wife as a dependant in my settlement application using SET(O). Does the dependant have to fill any other form .. SET(F) or SE(M) along with?
Last edited by linuxman2k3 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Read the SET(O) form. Does it ask any named dependant(s) to fill up another form?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

linuxman2k3
Newly Registered

Post by linuxman2k3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:18 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Read the SET(O) form. Does it ask any named dependant(s) to fill up another form?
No it doesnt. I just wanted to confirm that. Thanks... i guess.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Try reading the form again...

linuxman2k3
Newly Registered

Post by linuxman2k3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Greenie wrote:Try reading the form again...
I have read it. If it does require more forms then I really should be going to specsavers. On the other hand, it would have been easier for you to just confirm I am correct or wrong. That would have been more useful.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:26 pm

linuxman2k3 wrote:Hi. I need your advice guys. I am in a situation that is now worring me. I am applying at a PEO next week and I am including my wife in the application. The thing is she got a scholarship to study in France which she took and thus have been studying there since September last year. This means she has not been in the UK for the last few months. She is coming to the UK today so we can apply next week. What are the chances she will be refused ILR? We have been married since 2006 and living here in the UK since then. I am worried to be honest with you guys. If she gets refused ILR will her Tier 1 dependant visa be cancelled? She has to go back to France in 1 week and if refused she will not be able to apply in France for ILR. This means she will have to go back to her country and apply there! Thats difficult! She hasnt lived there since 2006! And she must continue her studies! Whats your view on this? Has anyone had a similar case where the dependant has spent time away from the UK before applying for ILR? Much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Dependant's stay doesn't need to be continuous (Q12).