ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Valid until date on settlement BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

Valid until date on settlement BRP

Post by Infinite-leave » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello

Not sure if anyone has notcied this but i certainly have. I recieved my biometric cards yesterday, exactly on the 5th day. There is a valid until date on the card and mine is till 2022. I am confused now. The leaflet that came along with the card said that this the maximum time allowed to live in the country but than if this is true why is it called indefinate leave to remain?

Please can anyone help?

Thanks
Rob

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Very good question, hope someone answers...
Mohit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:41 pm

The expiry date on the BRP is the expiry date of the BRP card (10 years for adults, and 5 years or less for minors I believe).

It is not the expiry date of your settled status.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mr_danny

Post by mr_danny » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:23 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The expiry date on the BRP is the expiry date of the BRP card (10 years for adults, and 5 years or less for minors I believe).

It is not the expiry date of your settled status.
Yes - its just as passports, they expire but your citizenship remains....they will in time start the renewal facility perhaps.