ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application on 5th april

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milion44
Newly Registered

Ack Letter

Post by milion44 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Application: 5th April
Received: 10 April
Acknowledgement: 18th May (Dated: 11th May)
Biometrics: Waiting
Documents: Waiting

please update when you guys receive acknowledgement and biometrics.

manex

Post by manex » Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 pm

I applied for PSW on the 4th April and didn't get the acknowledgement letter until 12th May which was dated 4th May. When my university's visa adviser contacted the UKBA in the meantime she was told that there was a delay in their "charge system" and my application was not noted in their system which was causing the delay in getting the acknowledgement letter. Still waiting for the BRP letter. Wonder what's their excuse for that ?

rockonthedoors
Newly Registered

Post by rockonthedoors » Wed May 23, 2012 1:51 am

One of my friend applied for the PSW on april 5 at 17:30pm by special delivery and he got the acknowledgment letter on 11/05/12. Can someone advice me about this??? what should he do?

milion44
Newly Registered

Post by milion44 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 am

I think he should wait for BRP letter now simple as that

manex

Post by manex » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm

manex wrote:I applied for PSW on the 4th April and didn't get the acknowledgement letter until 12th May which was dated 4th May. When my university's visa adviser contacted the UKBA in the meantime she was told that there was a delay in their "charge system" and my application was not noted in their system which was causing the delay in getting the acknowledgement letter. Still waiting for the BRP letter. Wonder what's their excuse for that ?
By the way I did receive the BRP letter on the 26th May and given biometrics on the same day.

milion44
Newly Registered

Post by milion44 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:27 am

manex wrote:
manex wrote:I applied for PSW on the 4th April and didn't get the acknowledgement letter until 12th May which was dated 4th May. When my university's visa adviser contacted the UKBA in the meantime she was told that there was a delay in their "charge system" and my application was not noted in their system which was causing the delay in getting the acknowledgement letter. Still waiting for the BRP letter. Wonder what's their excuse for that ?
By the way I did receive the BRP letter on the 26th May and given biometrics on the same day.
I applied on 5th april, got my acknowledgement letter but still waiting for my BRP letter. I applied through my solicitor. it should come on both mine and solicitor's address. but nothing yet. any advice?

manex

Post by manex » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:18 pm

milion44 wrote:
manex wrote:
I applied on 5th april, got my acknowledgement letter but still waiting for my BRP letter. I applied through my solicitor. it should come on both mine and solicitor's address. but nothing yet. any advice?
Well the only thing you could do is to call up UKBA and tell them that it has been over two months but you still haven't received it. They might be able to raise a query to send you out the biometric invitation letter. Choose the biometric appointments option when you call and have your case reference number to hand. Good luck!