ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kika
Newly Registered

Moving to Ireland

Post by Kika » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here and I have never been on any forum before.
Recently I'm a mess and I really need some help and opinions. I'm Polish citizen and I have been married to Us citizen for the past 5 years and we currently live in USA. I have hard time being here, far from my family so we decided we are going to move closer. We are thinking about moving to Ireland cause his family was Irish and he speaks only English. I felt in love with Ireland when I was visiting in 2009. Anyways we want to get ready for our move so I have been trying to find out about his rights as spouse of EU citizen. I was sending email to any place I could with question about is work permit. I found out that after he gets to Ireland he needs to register with Department of Justice and than immigration. Then we can submit form for his Stamp 4. However I know that he needs a work permit before we send in his application. I have no idea how to figure this all out. I read that there are restriction for employer to hire him and that the job his going to apply for has to market tested. I'm so stressed out about this cause if thats the case it is going to be almost impossible for him to get this work permit. He has years of experienc as server, bar tender and now bar menager. I can't sleep and I can't function cause I can't image it is going to be so hard. I can't imagine to leave without my family and I cant imagine leaving him here. Please help and explain to me what do we need to do and how to figure work permit out. Thank you reading this. Any help means a lot. Thank you.

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 am

The only thing i know is that, as an European citizen, your husband rights is authomatic with no ambiguity to reside in any European country with his his right to work aswell, but i presume your right to seek assistance for public fund and the rest lies in you the european citizen work for i think around two years to entitled for it, so stop e-mailling anybody anywhere present your husband at any E.U port and they'll stamp him/her in with no objection, then having done that, enter and make your representation to reside, end of story. Hope that helps a bit.
Bruce willies To Fight On, Even when he's crippled And Out Of Work.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi,

Forget about the work permit. No chance there.
The only route is EU Treaty rights
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

You, as EU national, have to be working in ireland (or studying , or self employed), then your spouse will get the right to reside and work in ireland as well.
But bear in mind, it's recession in here and jobs are hard to come by.

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:40 pm

agniukas wrote:Hi,

Forget about the work permit. No chance there.
The only route is EU Treaty rights
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

You, as EU national, have to be working in ireland (or studying , or self employed), then your spouse will get the right to reside and work in ireland as well.
But bear in mind, it's recession in here and jobs are hard to come by.
What you quoted aforementioned does it make sense or change what i have already mentioned on the authomatic legitimate rights as an E.U citizens and spouse right to enter any E.U country together as couple under the freedom of movement fundamental treaty rights ? :lol: trying to be funny.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:20 pm

As others have already mentioned, you, as an EU national, have the right to move to Ireland and to seek and to take up employment. These rights are immediately transferred to your husband provided that you are resident in Ireland with him.

That said, the legal rights to live and work in Ireland are going to be the easy part. The hard part, the really hard part, and at the risk of putting too fine a point on it, will be finding a job. The situation in Ireland is desperate. You think it's bad in the US? You ain't seen nothing yet.

But as long as you've got savings, perseverance, and skills that are in demand here, you might just be able to make it work. But go into this with open eyes: Ireland is an economic mess and the mess is only getting messier.

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 pm

sideshowsue wrote:As others have already mentioned, you, as an EU national, have the right to move to Ireland and to seek and to take up employment. These rights are immediately transferred to your husband provided that you are resident in Ireland with him.

That said, the legal rights to live and work in Ireland are going to be the easy part. The hard part, the really hard part, and at the risk of putting too fine a point on it, will be finding a job. The situation in Ireland is desperate. You think it's bad in the US? You ain't seen nothing yet.

But as long as you've got savings, perseverance, and skills that are in demand here, you might just be able to make it work. But go into this with open eyes: Ireland is an economic mess and the mess is only getting messier.
Well said, but nothing is wrong in Ireland than once you know a profession very well and your religion is one which they don't like, they'll look for ways to place a restrictions on your life even the drunks on the street will make muckery of you and tell you that, before your generation will be allowed to make ends meet in ireland it will take some time, otherwise your explanations of you and mine on european freedom of movement and residence treaty intertwined. hope that help you a bit. :lol:

Kika
Newly Registered

Post by Kika » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:37 pm

I appreciate every comment and all the information. I know that job market in any place and any country is hard right now. It's not easy anywhere.... We live in hard times for all of us but I don't want to give up. I want to keep trying to be happy in life.
If anyone has other opinions or knowledge please keep me updated on everything. Once again thank you.

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:52 am

[quote="Kikai appreciate every comment and all the information. I know that job market in any place and any country is hard right now. It's not easy anywhere.... We live in hard times for all of us but I don't want to give up. I want to keep trying to be happy in life.
If anyone has other opinions or knowledge please keep me updated on everything. Once again thank you.[/quote]

Don't worry also that, there are many social welfare benefit for you as well as regards to you being European citizens and based on your colour,
(1) family income support
(2) family tax credit
(3)job seekers allowance
(4)unemployment benefit
(5)lone parent allowance
(6)child benefit (monthly payment)
(7)rent allowance
(8)house benefit
(9)mortgage supplement
(10) disability allowance or disablement allowance and you may also be qualify for one off payment for disability. :lol:

And before you claim those aforementioned cash or recourse to public fund you must give reasons or make an effort to become economically viable to recieve or qualify for the claim. and your life goes on while the state pays you with our taxation money. Hope that help you a bit in securing your future in Ireland.