ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry into the UK on Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cipher
Newly Registered

Re-entry into the UK on Tier 1 General

Post by cipher » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:20 am

Hello,

I am new to the forums so I figured I would write to say hello to everyone and post my first question :)

I am currently on a Tier 1 Visa due to expire on the 31st of July. I was advised to apply for my renewal towards the first week of July so that I could have the requisite 5 years at the end needed to apply for an ILR.

I recently married my girlfriend, who is an american citizen in Texas and I had to pretty much run back to the UK after a week because of my work commitments. (Broke my wife's heart ... but what can you do? ). Well long story short, I want to go back and surprise her later this month. I only intend to stay there for a weekend. As I mentioned, I intend to apply for my visa renewal on the 11th or 12th of July and I have leave to remain till the 31st of July. Would I have problems getting back into the country if I left around the 21st of June and tried to get back in on the 25th of June?

I guess I can wait till my visa renewal process is complete but I really do miss her and Skype can only get you so far. I would really like to go see her but I don't want to take any unecessary risks.

Thank you. I would be grateful for any advice.

Regards

Alex

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 am

You can enter UK even if you have 1 day of leave left.
In your case you have sufficient time to go and come back.

So my suggestion go and make your better half feel special.