ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife has FLR visa. 90 day absence exceeded. What now?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kittste
Newly Registered

Wife has FLR visa. 90 day absence exceeded. What now?

Post by kittste » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:57 am

Hi,

This is my first post here.

I am British. My wife is Russian. We married in the UK in 2010 and she obtained her FLR visa in the UK in Oct 201,0 shortly after we were married.

My wife is not working at the moment and hasn't held a job in the UK at all since we were married. She has passed her Life in the UK Test and is taking ESOL FCE exams.

Her FLR visa is due to expire in Oct 2012, at which point we would, of course, like her to apply for an ILR visa.

However, she has been out of the country for a significant period of time during the past two years, because she made numerous trips to Russia during the past two years. I'll have to check her passport stamps, but I think that one or two of her trips , in themselves, were each over 90 days.

Basically, she had to be in Russia because of family problems and also because of issues surrounding a couple of off plan properties she had bought prior our getting married.

I remained in the UK working during her trips to Russia.

What exactly should my wife apply for now?

Should she apply for an FLR extension?
Or should she apply for an ILR anyway?
Is it possible they could reject an application for any type of new visa because of her absence?

Thanks,
Andrew

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Wife has FLR visa. 90 day absence exceeded. What now?

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:10 pm

kittste wrote:I think that one or two of her trips , in themselves, were each over 90 days.
Irrelevant.

See also Time spent outside the UK
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kittste
Newly Registered

Post by kittste » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks for the reply and link.

So we'll simply for the ILR visa and provide a cover letter and any relevant documents that explain her absence from the UK.