ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saprasad
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General queries

Post by saprasad » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi

I have below two questions regarding Tier1 General visa.

1. I'm currently in India and I have a Tier1 General visa (3 years) starting from 1-Mar-2010. According to the visa sticker it is having a validity till 1-Mar-2013. I have not travelled to UK till now.

Question: Whether my visa is still valid till 1-Mar-2013 to travel to UK before the September 2012?

2. Suppose, if I come to UK in this August and gets a job before the end of september,

Question:
a) Whether I am eligible to apply for visa extension in February 2013?
b) If I am eligible, whether UK border agency or authority which issues visa will consider my earning's in India (from March 2012 to till I come to UK) out of 12 months that they look?
c) If so, what should be the total income that I should get in 5 months in Indian rupees ( from March 2012 to end of July 2012)? and what should be the rest of the earning's that I should get in UK (from October 2012 to Jan 2013).

Since I fall into very narrow situation, please provide your valuable suggestions and let me know whether it is good for me to come to UK or not in terms of visa extension etc.,

Please provide me any web links if it helps me in the above situation.

Regards
satya.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General queries

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:59 pm

saprasad wrote: Question: Whether my visa is still valid till 1-Mar-2013 to travel to UK before the September 2012?
Yes, you may enter UK until 23:59:59 hours on 01-Mar-13.
saprasad wrote: 2. Suppose, if I come to UK in this August and gets a job before the end of september,

Question:
a) Whether I am eligible to apply for visa extension in February 2013?
b) If I am eligible, whether UK border agency or authority which issues visa will consider my earning's in India (from March 2012 to till I come to UK) out of 12 months that they look?
c) If so, what should be the total income that I should get in 5 months in Indian rupees ( from March 2012 to end of July 2012)? and what should be the rest of the earning's that I should get in UK (from October 2012 to Jan 2013).
1. Yes, if you qualify (i.e.- meet the eligibility criteria).
2. Yes, but without any uplift ratio.
3. Read the policy guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saprasad
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General queries

Post by saprasad » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

Thanks for your quick response.

I would like to ask you a question by elaborating 2 b) question that I have earlier posted.

Whether UK Visa authority will accept the break of 2 months earnings out of 12 months they consider?

Say, Jan to Jul 2012 earning's in India
and Sep 2012 to till Jan 2013 earning's in UK

After reading all the points/questions that I have written, In you opinion what will be the success rate in my case for visa extension?

Regards
Satya.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General queries

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Read the policy guidance. It answers all the questions you have posted.

If you meet the requirements, chance of approval 100%. If you don't, then 0%
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:50 am

You can use all overseas earnings or combination of overseas earning + UK earnings, as well for your extension.

Along with reading the guidance notes, you might want to read on applicant's experience when using overseas earnings on this forum. You would need to do a search on this forum using the keyword 'overseas earnings' or 'earnings abroad', you will find many helpful cases
GoodLuck!