ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born Overseas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Born Overseas

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi there,

I dont know weather its right forum for this question or not? If any one knows please help me in this regard. My question is hereunder,

I am british and married I have two kids and they are also british but my wife is my dependent and she is on dependent visa till sep 12 and than we have to apply for indefinate. Now she is pergenant again and our baby is due in Jan/Feb 2013, as we have already two kids so I cant lookafter her during pergnancy, so I was thinking to send her backhome for birth of next child, now my question is what would be the status of my newborn child, as I am british and mother of the child is dependent or if we say she will have indefinate when child is born so will he be overseas british where we can apply for british passport straight away for new born child or do we have to wait for and apply for newborn's baby denpendent visa than nationality and than british passport?

Thanks in advance for ur ur replies and any help in this matter will be much apperciated, please do mention in ur replies will my wife's dependent status or ILR make any difference on newborn baby's status.

Many thanks

Regards

Sorry I forgot to mention, myself and kids all are british by Naturalisation.
Last edited by Junaidbinyasin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Are you British by birth or naturalisation or ... ?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Are you British by birth or naturalisation or ... ?

Sorry I forgot to mention, myself and kids all are british by Naturalisation.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Junaidbinyasin wrote:I was thinking to send her backhome for birth of next child, now my question is what would be the status of my newborn child, as I am british and mother of the child is dependent
Junaidbinyasin wrote:myself and kids all are british by Naturalisation.
The child will be British by descent(2(1)(a)). Child may apply for a British passport.
Consular birth registration is optional.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!