ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused entry to the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam_84

Refused entry to the UK

Post by Sam_84 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Guys

I have a Visa appointment tomorrow (11 June). I am wondering why the following question no longer exists in the application form -
Have you ever been refused entry in the UK?

There is a question about the deportation but not about refused to entry.
I am worried because I was actually refused entry once long time back.

Quick replies would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:48 pm

You are, in a way, misdirecting the basis of your question by suggesting you are applying for a visa. Visas are issued exclusively outside the UK for people who wish to enter the UK. You are already inside the UK and will be applying for leave to remain issued in the form of a biometric residence permit. Generally anyone inside the UK has already been asked why they were refused entry previously when they applied for a visa so it makes sense to not ask this question again.

But, having said this, I don't know why they would ask the question about deportation as second time. Perhaps it's too important to overlook.

Sam_84

Post by Sam_84 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:02 pm

[quote="Lucapooka"]You are, in a way, misdirecting the basis of your question by suggesting you are applying for a visa. Visas are issued exclusively outside the UK for people who wish to enter the UK. You are already inside the UK and will be applying for leave to remain issued in the form of a biometric residence permit. Generally anyone inside the UK has already been asked why they were refused entry previously when they applied for a visa so it makes sense to not ask this question again.

But, having said this, I don't know why they would ask the question about deportation as second time. Perhaps it's too important to overlook.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

But I was thinking that this question may have had been looked upon as the other questions testing whether the candidate has conducted anything illegal or tried to enter the country by inappropriate ways.

Sam_84

Post by Sam_84 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You are, in a way, misdirecting the basis of your question by suggesting you are applying for a visa. Visas are issued exclusively outside the UK for people who wish to enter the UK. You are already inside the UK and will be applying for leave to remain issued in the form of a biometric residence permit. Generally anyone inside the UK has already been asked why they were refused entry previously when they applied for a visa so it makes sense to not ask this question again.

But, having said this, I don't know why they would ask the question about deportation as second time. Perhaps it's too important to overlook.
Thanks for your reply.

But I was thinking that this question may have had been looked upon as the other questions testing whether the candidate has conducted anything illegal or tried to enter the country by inappropriate ways.