ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on Tier -1 General Extension Application form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 am

"Taxable income" has nothing do with Tier 1 (General) assessment and therefore tax year (or change of tax year) is irrelevant.

It is exactly for this reason, that such proportional salary computations for the 1st and 12th month of the 12 month window require the applicant to explain the minute details in a covering letter, that applicants should avoid claiming points for an 12 month income period where start and end dates are not the start and end dates of their regular salary periods.

That said, there may be times where this cannot be avoided, e.g. - like in the scenario you have quoted, and in such cases a clear explanation is a must. And whether a CW will understand (or will have the time to make an effort to) what is being explained will always be a question mark. Hence, using such "income periods" is best avoided.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:16 pm

sushdmehta wrote:"Taxable income" has nothing do with Tier 1 (General) assessment and therefore tax year (or change of tax year) is irrelevant.

It is exactly for this reason, that such proportional salary computations for the 1st and 12th month of the 12 month window require the applicant to explain the minute details in a covering letter, that applicants should avoid claiming points for an 12 month income period where start and end dates are not the start and end dates of their regular salary periods.

That said, there may be times where this cannot be avoided, e.g. - like in the scenario you have quoted, and in such cases a clear explanation is a must. And whether a CW will understand (or will have the time to make an effort to) what is being explained will always be a question mark. Hence, using such "income periods" is best avoided.
Yes its better to avoid. Under unavoidable circumstances when applicants get paid 4 weekly i.e 52 weeks in a year , you cannot claim monthly and a letter from employer stating salary paid 4 weekly is a proof or the offer letter that states the salary terms. In such cases 13 payslips are required to show.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:09 pm

He has to explain this very clearly on his cover letter. Though he would mention the dates in section J4, but has to clearly explain this on his cover letter

is123
Newly Registered

Post by is123 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Regarding Dependent application form ..What date should i mention in the
page No 29 of L4?. Can any one answer?.

is123
Newly Registered

Post by is123 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 pm

page No 29 of L4?. Can any one answer?.

is123
Newly Registered

Post by is123 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:34 pm

page No 29 of L4?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 pm

is123 wrote:Regarding Dependent application form ..What date should i mention in the
page No 29 of L4?
For L4. Date of the main applicant’s most recent application to us
Mention the date the main applicant was granted Tier 1 General (assuming that was the last application to UKBA from you)

is123
Newly Registered

Post by is123 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Do I need to submit main application and dependent applications in single envelop and send to

Uk Border Agency
Tier-1
PO BOX 496
Durham - DH991WQ

But in PBS Dependent application form( version 4/2012) below address is mentioned.

Uk Border Agency
Tier-1
PO BOX 506
Durham - DH991WB

Please clarify to which address do i need to submit all the application together?.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!