ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long a dependant can say out of UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zwadi

How long a dependant can say out of UK

Post by zwadi » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Hello All,
I am on Tier 1 General visa and my wife and kid planing to visit home country for more than 5 months and I would like to know if it is going to cause any problem in getting ILR which is due in 2 years.

thanks

ZA
zwadi

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 pm

for ILR your dependent has to live with you in the UK for a period of 2 years , which does not have to be continuos. So as long they meet this criteria along with the other relevant immigration rules, they should be fine.

However, on a general note, UKBA has been changing a lot of policies and rules. The applicable rule would only be known best at the time of ILR application.

But for right now the rule of a total 2 years stay in the UK for a dependent, stands

ms_singh

Post by ms_singh » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 am

Regarding dependants stay in UK for 2 years, do we need to provide any documentary evidence of stay while applying for ILR ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks Guys for the info, yes she has been living with me for more than two years now but she would go out of UK for more than three months therefore i was bit worried for her ILR status.

Bless you all!

ZA
zwadi