ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrival of Bio-metric Residence permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam_84

Arrival of Bio-metric Residence permit

Post by Sam_84 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi All

I am quite happy that I got my Tier-1 extension today through a PEO at Croydon.

Unknowingly, I had already booked my air tickets for abroad for 15 of June (Friday). They said that the Bio Residence Permit will arrive in 5-7 working days. I have two things to ask -

1) Do we need Biometric Residence permit to leave the UK? Once I am out, I can get it couriered by my friend from here before I am back to UK.

2) What are your experiences in terms of receiving the BRP?

Thanks
SA

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Do not travel without BRP. Security personnel can check your BRP while leaving the country. I nearly had a fight with the security person because he wanted to see my BRP card, even though I was travelling to my home country.

You cannot return back to UK without the BRP. I got my BRP in 2 days after approval.
Give me more Karma (+)

Sam_84

Post by Sam_84 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks for the reply.
I hope I get the BRP soon.