ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application and lost passport with WP visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eraihia
Newly Registered

ILR application and lost passport with WP visa

Post by eraihia » Mon May 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello All,

I have a PEO appointment for ILR next week and my immigration solicitor has advised me he cannot assure me my ILR application will be successful.

He says without the work permit visa and the stamp of first entry into the UK in my lost/stolen passport the PEO could possibly decline my ILR application for lack of proof of my date of entry into the UK and visa (without these two things I am short of proving the required 5 years).

My situation is I have been with the same employer for more than the required 5 years on a Work permit visa and tier two sports visa.

My visa which was lost/stolen in the previous passport (which I have a copy of the police report) is from valid from 06/07/05 to 30/06/07.
I know this as I have my dependants passport with dependant visa in it.

My next WP visa runs from 21/6/07-30/6/10 and is stamped entry into the UK on the 5/7/07.

The next Tier 2 sports visa is valid from 16/6/10-5/7/12.

My apointment is on the 22/5/2012.

My currenty visa expires 5 July 2012.

1. Does anyone know how to prove entry into the UK and the missing visa/passport to satisfy 5 year period (without actually having the passport)?
- I have a photocopy of the work permit issued for the lost/stolen visa 06/07/05-30/6/07.
- I have mortgage repayments and other utilities to prove I have been here since then and a letter from employer stating length of service.
- I have my dependants visa and date of entry stamp.
- The last 5 years P60's.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application and lost passport with WP visa

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 pm

eraihia wrote:My next WP visa runs from 21/6/07-30/6/10 and is stamped entry into the UK on the 5/7/07.
So, if you do not wish your in-person application to be deferred (which it is likely to be) then the simplest thing to do is is to schedule an appointment no earlier than 28 days before 05-Jul-12.

In doing so, you won't need any evidence of old passport or visa that was in it because that period will fall outside the qualifying residential period.

IMHO ...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

eraihia
Newly Registered

Post by eraihia » Tue May 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Thank you for your reply.

My solicitor did mention this but I was hoping to keep my appointment on the 22/5/12 as I have overseas travelling arrangements booked for 12 days later- I know I am being cheeky but I just wanted to know if it was do-able. If there is no other way then I will bite the bullet and reschedule.

Again I greatly appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

eraihia
Newly Registered

Post by eraihia » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Hello all,

Apologies for the delay in this post-been a manic few weeks!

ILR was approved at Solihull PEO on 22 May 2012. I did not reschedule appointment in the end. The PEO managed to find the lost WP visa in my stolen passport in their system so she did not require me to prove it another way (I had collated plenty of proof I had been living here in that period but didn't need it in the end).

PEO needed-

-Passports - past and present with visa/work permits/entry clearance
-Lastest 3 payslips (official)
-Letter from employer stating you are required still for employment and the remuneration.
-Life in Uk test letter
-Latest 3 months bank statements (official)
-biometric permit (if applic)
-2 passport photos
-fee (clear with bank if using card)
-photocopies of all documents (PEO seemed surprised I had photocopies of everything but took them gratefully)

PEO and everyone at the office were so helpful and nice as they could be!
I have been to Croyden PEO before and I would recommend Solihull as they come across as genuinely wanting you to have a successful application. Croyden seemed all too very stressful and no smiles!
Whole process including waiting times took 2.5 hours.

I received Biometric permit in the post 4 working days later.

Thank you to everyone that helped with advice! I honestly can say this board was amazing and gave me great confidence in applying almost fully on my own!

All the best!!

ab2012
Newly Registered

Post by ab2012 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm

eraihia wrote:Hello all,

ILR was approved at Solihull PEO on 22 May 2012. I did not reschedule appointment in the end. The PEO managed to find the lost WP visa in my stolen passport in their system so she did not require me to prove it another way (I had collated plenty of proof I had been living here in that period but didn't need it in the end).

PEO needed-

-Letter from employer stating you are required still for employment and the remuneration.
-Life in Uk test letter
-2 passport photos
-photocopies of all documents (PEO seemed surprised I had photocopies of everything but took them gratefully)

I have been to Croyden PEO before and I would recommend Solihull as they come across as genuinely wanting you to have a successful application. Croyden seemed all too very stressful and no smiles!

Thank you to everyone that helped with advice! I honestly can say this board was amazing and gave me great confidence in applying almost fully on my own!

All the best!!
Congrats ! glad to hear it went smoothly and no further checks were required.

Were you asked to pay after they approved your application or rather you pay first, then they check the application and decide on its approval?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Though the thread initiator's issue has been sorted but just fyi to others -

My passport (with HSMP EC) was stolen at Heathrow on the very day of my arrival to the UK - within minutes after I came outside :(
I applied for ILR in person at Croydon without my original passport and first entry stamp and received ILR on the same day. I however had a photo copy of EC and case worker was able to find date of entry information though HO records quite easily.

jamshud
Newly Registered

Post by jamshud » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:53 am

ban.s wrote:Though the thread initiator's issue has been sorted but just fyi to others -

My passport (with HSMP EC) was stolen at Heathrow on the very day of my arrival to the UK - within minutes after I came outside :(
I applied for ILR in person at Croydon without my original passport and first entry stamp and received ILR on the same day. I however had a photo copy of EC and case worker was able to find date of entry information though HO records quite easily.
Hi ban.s ! Could you clarify please when you got ILR and how you proved absences if you had any?Did they ask to show e-tickets etc?Or your passport was stolen on first entry to UK?

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:10 am

Hi eraihia

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future.

frey80

Post by frey80 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:25 pm

eraihia wrote:Hello all,

PEO needed-

-Life in Uk test letter
-2 passport photos

All the best!!
I think the solicitor will always say that to make his own risk at minimum, i am about to apply ILR later this month and got similiar situation with you, asked a solicitor before and he said the same, but i think otherwise