ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice ILR (on spouse visa) New rule changes

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Advice ILR (on spouse visa) New rule changes

Post by Hakim1984 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 am

Hello my wife has just started to live with me in the UK, a bit premature to be thinking about ILR now, but after seeing some of the changes by Theresa May just concerned me a bit. What I want to know is;

When my wife applies for ILR in 2014 (expiry of her spouse Visa) I see she has to take a life in uk test which i'm aware of AND an English test??

Also applicant will have to earn 20,600 ( I earn 15) Hopefully she will be working by then anyway but just incase, or is the finanical change just for spouse visa and do not apply for ILR?

Also they are changing a period of settlement before applying for ILR from 2 years to 5 years for people on spouse Visa, will this apply as she has only been given 27 months.

Infact will any of these changes apply to her in 2014 or will she be based on the old changes because she got her Spouse Visa a few months back?

Sorry for all the questions hope I made sense!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Advice ILR (on spouse visa) New rule changes

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:04 am

Hakim1984 wrote:When my wife applies for ILR in 2014 (expiry of her spouse Visa) I see she has to take a life in uk test which i'm aware of AND an English test??
She will need to pass LITUK test and prove English language proficiency (speaking and listening) at B1 level.
Hakim1984 wrote:Also applicant will have to earn 20,600 ( I earn 15) Hopefully she will be working by then anyway but just incase, or is the finanical change just for spouse visa and do not apply for ILR?
The changes are not retrospective, so your wife will not be subject to the new requirements (other than the ones I have stated above.
Hakim1984 wrote:Also they are changing a period of settlement before applying for ILR from 2 years to 5 years for people on spouse Visa, will this apply as she has only been given 27 months.
As above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Many Thanks Sushdmehta