ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fund Maintenance Letter: Template needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tapas_16880

Fund Maintenance Letter: Template needed

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi Gurus,

Can you please share with me a template with appropriate wordings of a Fund Maintenance letter issued from Bank. A Sample would be helpful to me. I went to Lloyds Branch today.

They have said that no banks in westend region are currently issuing such letters. outside london area, it is not a problem.

But fortunately, for me, I know the branch manager very well, he said he will do it for me (confidentially!!). He would need a template.

I will be showing the required fund for my wife as well i.e. £600. So, total amount is £900+£600 = £1500, but how to write that continuity maintenance in the letter - for that I need a template...
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Make an effort to search for information already available.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:43 pm

How difficult is it to create a template / draft a letter on your own if you know what the content of such a letter must be (164(iii)).

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Thanks for your suggestion!.... Just one thing... unlike previous earning evidences where you need to provide atleast two proofs, for this fund maintenance, I believe just one proof is enough.

If I have original bank statements for the last 90 days or same electronically generated with bank stamp and sign in it, I do not need that letter.. is that correct?

Also if I am applying for me and my wife together, then I can show the fund maintenance on my account on her behalf also.. isn't it? She doesn't need to provide statements and/or letter seperately?
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:Thanks for your suggestion!.... Just one thing... unlike previous earning evidences where you need to provide atleast two proofs, for this fund maintenance, I believe just one proof is enough.

If I have original bank statements for the last 90 days or same electronically generated with bank stamp and sign in it, I do not need that letter.. is that correct?

Also if I am applying for me and my wife together, then I can show the fund maintenance on my account on her behalf also.. isn't it? She doesn't need to provide statements and/or letter seperately?
No One set of statement is enough. Thats what I am doing. using the 12 months statements for earnings and last 3 months from the 12 months statements for funds ( me ) and wife.

Just mention that in a cover sheet. Or explain to CW if doing PEO.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 pm

it is clearly mentioned in the t-1 general form that at least two evidences is must for previous earnings... Check below:

"Supporting Evidence for Previous Earnings Claimed
The applicant should be aware that at least two types of documentation for each source of
earnings must be provided (Self employed applicants must also provide an additional document
as listed in the guidance). If earnings from any one source have been paid in more than one way
(for example, payment for a period of employment by means of a monthly salary and a dividend),
two types of documentation must be provided in respect of each part of the payment claimed.
The supporting evidence must be from separate sources and must corroborate with one another
to clearly support the earnings claimed. Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately
regulated, and evidence of registration must be provided.
"
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:45 pm

:roll:

Is "previous earnings" same as "maintenance (funds)"?

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:01 pm

@ susdmehta:

Please read the chain first.

My reply was because of the argus7's below statement -
"No One set of statement is enough. Thats what I am doing. using the 12 months statements for earnings". he said, he is producing one proof (statements) for his earnings!!!
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Apologies, my mistake.

But argus7 has made a valid suggestion. All you need to do mention in the covering letter is that you are using the same bank account to provide evidence of maintenance funds, so CW should refer to the same bank statements as submitted to prove previous earnings.

Alternatively, if you wish to, get the letter.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:15 pm

I have never mentioned in this post that I am showing the same account for previous earnings. My fund maintenance account is different and my previous earnings accounts are different.

I am showing two different current accounts to show my prevuious earnings as I have changed job once during the claimed 12 months period.

Secondly, I am maintaining fund in my Lloyds tsb international premier current account which is different from what I am using for my earning!!

I hope this makes sense!
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:17 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:@ susdmehta:

Please read the chain first.

My reply was because of the argus7's below statement -
"No One set of statement is enough. Thats what I am doing. using the 12 months statements for earnings". he said, he is producing one proof (statements) for his earnings!!!
What I meant was that I am using the same 12 months bank statements that I am using for showing earnings for funds for me and my wife.

Tapas,

You are confusing the subject of previous earnings. Every body on the boards here know that 2 evidences are reqd for earnings.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Sorry if I have confused people!!
I was simply asking -

For fund maintenance req:

If the 3 months are original -- the letter from Bank is not necessary... is that correct?

if the 3 months statements are electronically generated also with bank stamp and sign, the letter from Bank is not necessary.... is that correct?

Thirdly, as a primary applicant, if I am applying for my dependant together, I can show the required fund of dependant maintained in my account... Which I think you have already said that yes primary applicant can show the fund maintenance on behalf of their dependant(s).

Is all clear now? if yes, can I have the answers for my above first 2 questions please?
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Instead of "If the 3 months are original -- the letter from Bank is not necessary... is that correct? "...

Please read this as:
"If the 3 months bank statements are original -- the letter from Bank is not necessary... is that correct?

Sorry for the typo...
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:32 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:Instead of "If the 3 months are original -- the letter from Bank is not necessary... is that correct? "...

Please read this as:
"If the 3 months bank statements are original -- the letter from Bank is not necessary... is that correct?

Sorry for the typo...
Yes thats correct. Just simply show last 3 months bank statements out of the 12. And explain in the cover sheet.

Then you dont need any extra letter as your satisfying the 900+600 min amount from last 3 months + Its easy for the CW to look at one one bank account.

Hope this helps!

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks anyways.. but as I said the my previous earnings and fund maintenance accounts are different.

the account I am using for previous earnings, I have gone to overdraft more than once in the last 3 months :) So, can't show that....

[/u]
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:for this fund maintenance, I believe just one proof is enough.
Yes.
tapas_16880 wrote: If I have original bank statements for the last 90 days or same electronically generated with bank stamp and sign in it, I do not need that letter.. is that correct?
Yes, that's correct.
tapas_16880 wrote: Also if I am applying for me and my wife together, then I can show the fund maintenance on my account on her behalf also.. isn't it? She doesn't need to provide statements and/or letter seperately?
Yes, she doesn't need to provide seperate statements. You can use your own statements, but need to ensure that you have the maintenance funds required for both you and your dependent(s).
Last edited by cs95tdg on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks so much...Had anyone like you answered my questions straight other than giving directions or some other explanations, this chain would have become small and short without unnecessary discussions!!

Thank you!!
Tapas Sarkar,
UK