ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET M success Croydon, 31 May 2012.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rantac
Newly Registered

ILR - SET M success Croydon, 31 May 2012.

Post by Rantac » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:27 am

Appointment was at 12:05 PM on 31-May

PEO Location: Croydon

About myself: Got ILR in Jan 2010.

Type of application for my wife and children: Set M, 1 Adult and 2 Children

11:00 AM – reached PEO, tried to enter. Security staff didn’t allow. They insisted that earliest time we can enter is 11:30 AM.

11:30 AM – after waiting outside till now, entered in to office. Security staff has allowed me inside. I am also required to be present as part of the application. We sat in the waiting area.

11:45 AM – Doors opened for us for airport style security checks. Security checks completed. We then went to a counter for application verification.

12:00 PM – Application verified by staff at the counter and token number has been issued.

12:10 PM – Went to first floor in lift as we have a stroller. We proceeded to the payment counter. We made payment of £2755. Payment went through.[ I have informed by bank, HSBC 2 days before. They have told me to call them, if it is not through.]

12:20 PM – went to the waiting area as suggested to us by lady at payment counter.

12:30 PM – our token number has been called. First two pages of application have been verified. They have verified passports and photographs. After that, lady at the counter has asked us to wait for our number to be called for Biometric checks.

12:40 PM – Our token number has been called for Biometric checks.

12:50 PM – Biometric checks have been completed. Finger prints, photo has been taken for my wife. He asked if my wife has any other names. He has given a declaration form to give consent to do checks. My wife signed it. Only photos have been taken for children. Officer attending there as mentioned that they take only photos for children less than 6 years old. We have been told to wait at waiting area for our number to be called. This is for further checks.

Was bit surprised to see things happening very fast.

01:40 PM – still waiting for number to be called.

02:00 PM – went to customer service as our number has not been called yet. They said we have to wait as biometric checks will take some time.

02:30 PM – still waiting. Enquired at customer service desk. We have been advised to wait. Suddenly they have started displaying token numbers that are awaiting. Our number was not there. Bit panicked if there is any problem with our application

02:40 PM – our token number has been called. Lady at counter asked us to sit. She was friendly. She asked us to give passports and application. After that she has asked us to provide cohabitation documents.

She insisted on submitting documents from 6 different sources covering from June 2010 to till date. I have initially provided 6 letters from 4 sources, Letter from NHS on my wife’s name, Council tax on joint names, Bank statement on joint names and e-on gas bill on joint names. She insisted on providing letters from two more sources. Then I gave Water bill, Tenancy agreement and my Provisional license card, paper license.

She asked us to wait at waiting area while she does all verification.
Then I have reminded her of Life in UK test pass notification, evidence of balances, payslips. I have offered photo copies for most of them. For driving license and water bill, I didn’t have photo copies.

She thanked for that and said she will do photocopies for the remaining.

03:30 PM – the lady at the counter called us and returned all documents. She has also issued 1 letter for each of applicant, which mentions that Biometric cards will reach us in 10 days. She said, “Congratulations, your ILR application has been approved. Biometric cards will have end date, you don’t need to worry about this. It is indefinite.”
Waiting for Biometric cards now …

Rantac
Newly Registered

Post by Rantac » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Received Biometric cards today ..

greatxander

Post by greatxander » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:02 pm

To all the moderators, can you please clarify this, I thought they only need six letters from 3 different sources spread over 2 years, i will apply my ILR next year, what I only have this year are bank statements (hsbc & lloyds), council tax(joint name), telephone bill and nhs card. can I submit these eg.

2012-2012 statements: (for me)

nhs card (source 1)
hsbc or lloyds statement (source 2)
telphone bill (source 3)

2012-2013 statmentents: (for me)

council tax (we recently changed it to both of our name - source 4)
hsbc or lloyds statement
telephone bill

they might send a P60 (source 5) on my address by April next year.

Please I need your opinion, are these enough?

Regards,

Darwin