ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Extension. Help me guys!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wow99

Tier 4 Extension. Help me guys!

Post by wow99 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:34 am

Hi everyone!

I have recently applied for an extension for some private college which was A rating and unfortunately I didn't submitted any English tests as the college issued me CAS without English test and they put my English test as pending results. I have got my acknowledge letter already, I am just wondering if my application will be refused as invalid or the caseworker will wait for my English results?

P.S.
My previous qualification was from the university, which was masters degree.

Thanks in advance.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Private colleges cannot issue CAS without English test.

If you have 'UK university' masters degree than its fine, you dont need English test.

But after masters which course are you studying? Did your sponsor write something about 'Academic Progression' in your CAS or they kept it pending aswell?

Bear in mind most of A rated colleges going to be shut down this year due to changes in law, if they cannot achive the required standard set by UKBA. So they are trying to make money anyway.

wow99

Post by wow99 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Thanks Deviser!

I got admission in level 7 and it's professional diploma so I believe there won't be any issue as I submitted a progression letter from my previous qualification as well.

I have one more question, I have already received my English results and I got 7 band in IELTS so should I send the results right away or wait for the biometric letter to comes in? Please let me know.

Thank you.