ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer and wants to go back

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali0123
Newly Registered

Overstayer and wants to go back

Post by ali0123 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,
I am sorry if someone has already discussed this matter in this forum. I tried my best to find a thread here but couldn't find any information.

One of my friend over stayed and wants to go back now. His visa was refused last year and decided to stay. Now he has realized that was a wrong decision and wants to go back. His passport (valid) is with HO. He used to live in Coventry that time but lives in north London now.

Can anyone please explain the procedure.

Kind Regards
Ali

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 pm

he needs to contact the department of the UKBA that has his passport (usually the local enforcement office, and if not, the dept that last dealt with his application) and expalin that he wishes to return. They are likely to arrange to meet him at the airport with his passport rather than send it to him

ali0123
Newly Registered

numbers not working

Post by ali0123 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am

Hi Greenie,
He tried the number on refusal letter i.e 02030148092 But its not working anymore. Could you pleas advice anything else as he is worried a lot..

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 pm

He could contact London and south east enforcement teams their numbers are here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... ion-teams/ or if he is desperate can just present himself to the local police station.

kkaj
Newly Registered

Post by kkaj » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:35 pm

I would suggest to contact with refugee action. They would do travel arrangement for you and might give you a small amount to cover your expenses to start a new life in your country of orgin

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:57 pm

kkaj wrote:I would suggest to contact with refugee action. They would do travel arrangement for you and might give you a small amount to cover your expenses to start a new life in your country of orgin
I thought refugee action will only work with refugee not over stayers.

$uperman

Post by $uperman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 am

i'd say you need to ring to the Border Force and tell them the situation. They would probably hand your passport back to you once you are ready to Boarding pass
$uperman