ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) APPLICATION RETURNED DUE TO PAYMENT PROBLEM

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

FLR(M) APPLICATION RETURNED DUE TO PAYMENT PROBLEM

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I just need advice regarding my application. I submitted it last month on the 2nd of may and i received acknowledgement a letter dated on the 15 of may but i recently received letter dated 1st of June that the application is invalid. I am about to submit the application today or tomorrow. If there is anything i can add or i should submit it like that because i was told to make a fresh application however it is long process to start doing that. Kindly advice me regarding what to do next.

I'm using a third party sponsor in which the bank statement was from Feb to May 05 and i would love to know if the statement is still valid for submission.

Please advice me on this guys

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:46 pm

do you still have leave to remain?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I'm a student and my visa is still valid until august 30 of this year. Please advice

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

probably best to get a more up to date statement from your sponsor if you can but make sure you apply before the change in the rules on 9th July and that your payment is valid (bankers draft is most reliable form of payment). Where is your sponsor based?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:12 pm

My sponsor is based in the uk and He gave me a recent bank statement which is balance is £1, 045.43 but in the previous statement i told you dated from Feb to May balance was £2,992.28. I don't know which of the bank statement to submit maybe the recent one as you have suggested.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 pm

TODMATT wrote:My sponsor is based in the uk and He gave me a recent bank statement which is balance is £1, 045.43 but in the previous statement i told you dated from Feb to May balance was £2,992.28. I don't know which of the bank statement to submit maybe the recent one as you have suggested.
What is it the sponsor is offering to give you? Are you and/or your spouse currently working? If so how much are you earning?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm not working but my spouse is working part-time and she earn 300pounds a month and she's just going to support us for the main time. I don't quite get your first question

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm

TODMATT wrote:I'm not working but my spouse is working part-time and she earn 300pounds a month and she's just going to support us for the main time. I don't quite get your first question
Just providing a bank statement from a UK based sponsor is not enough. Where there is a shortfall in meeting the maintenance requirements, the sponsor needs to make up that shortfall.

How much does your spouse pay for rent and council tax?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:42 pm

both of us are students and a student is not allowed to pay council tax but will be qualified to pay after finishing education. correct me if am wrong

I went to see a solicitor before i submitted the application. I was told it was ok to submit and we pay £550. I don't know what you mean by a third party sponsor is not enough?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 pm

how much is your rent?

What I mean is, you can't just submit the sponsor's bank statement, they would have to say how much per month they are willing to give you, and for how long and provide evidence of their ability to give you this amount (e.g. payslips)

Does your spouse have any income from a student loan/grant etc?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:21 pm

The sponsor wrote a letter that he's willing to sponsor us monthly and Yes she does receives student loan and grant. Is it possible to submit the old statement and the recent statement together? I just want to get this done cus i had to wait for about 3 months before i could submit this application.

Thank You

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:30 pm

TODMATT wrote:The sponsor wrote a letter that he's willing to sponsor us monthly and Yes she does receives student loan and grant. Is it possible to submit the old statement and the recent statement together? I just want to get this done cus i had to wait for about 3 months before i could submit this application.

Thank You
I appreciate you want to get it submitted however I am just trying to clarify whether you meeet the rules and have sufficient evidence of this. If you want to rush ahead and send the application that's up to you

how much is the sponsor willing to give you month and other than the bank statement does he have evidence of his ability to pay this?

How much does your spouse recieve for her student loan/grant for living costs?

How much is your rent per month

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

There is no agreed amount monthly but he just said he will help us monthly.There is a statement and a letter from her work place.

Regarding your second questions....Her statement she printed out to back the application which was printed out on 27th of April shows her grant is £968 and another one which i don't know maybe for her accommodation £1,174.00 equals = 2,142 in total

Rent is £550

Thank you for helping me to clarify this

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:56 pm

TODMATT wrote:Thank you very much for your quick reply.

There is no agreed amount monthly but he just said he will help us monthly.There is a statement and a letter from her work place.

Regarding your second questions....Her statement she printed out to back the application which was printed out on 27th of April shows her grant is £968 and another one which i don't know maybe for her accommodation £1,174.00 equals = 2,142 in total

Rent is £550

Thank you for helping me to clarify this
See adequate maintenance

Assuming neither of you have children to support, you need to show that after rent has been deducted from your household income, you have at least £111.45 per week/£482.95 per calendar month

Assuming the 1174 + 968 is a yearly figure her monthly income including from employment is £478.50 once you deduct rent from this, this leaves a figure of -71.50 per month. If these figures are correct then your sponsor would need to be giving you £482.95 + £71.50 per month in order to meet the maintenance requirements.

Are the student loan/grant figures yearly or monthly? (they seem to low to be yearly, and too high to be monthly).

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:04 pm

See adequate maintenance

Assuming neither of you have children to support, you need to show that after rent has been deducted from your household income, you have at least £111.45 per week/£482.95 per calendar month

Assuming the 1174 + 968 is a yearly figure her monthly income including from employment is £478.50 once you deduct rent from this, this leaves a figure of -71.50 per month. If these figures are correct then your sponsor would need to be giving you £482.95 + £71.50 per month in order to meet the maintenance requirements.

Are the student loan/grant figures yearly or monthly? (they seem to low to be yearly, and too high to be monthly).

Thank you for your reply.

The loan/grant is been paid per semester and I do have someone who give me money aswell but i can't show this since the person is out of the country however i perfectly understand what you have said and what do you think i should do now??to tell the Sponsor to write a letter that she will be giving us roughly £550 monthly to cover the expenses right??or do you have any suggestion in mind?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:10 pm

so is the loan/grant paid at these rates 3 times per year?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Yes like normal UK students i think so but am not sure but i believe she's paid 3 times a year. Please what do i do now??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm

TODMATT wrote:Yes like normal UK students i think so but am not sure but i believe she's paid 3 times a year. Please what do i do now??
you really need to find out exactly how much she gets per year if you want advice on whether you meet the maintenance requirement.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank you.

I will get the exact amount and get back to you. Should i include the both the old statement and the recent statement of the sponsor when sending it??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm

TODMATT wrote:Thank you.

I will get the exact amount and get back to you. Should i include the both the old statement and the recent statement of the sponsor when sending it??
yes but depending on how much the shortfall is you will also need a letter from the third party sponsor confirming how much they are willing to give you per month as well as evidence of their ability to pay this - i.e. payslips etc.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:17 pm

That figure is correct. So i should tell the sponsor to write a letter to confirm that they will be paying 550 monthly and also a prove like payslip right. WHat about the bank statement to prove for this aswell. What do you think.

Thank you for your help so far

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Please confirm that for me so that i can make a quick step asap

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 pm

what do you mean 'the figure is correct' how much does she get per year from student loan/grant for living costs (i.e. not a tuition fee loan)

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:24 am

£6,426 is the amount of per year for the student/loan.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 am

I have given you the formula. You need to work out the shortfall on the basis of her income from student funding and employment minus rent and that's the amount your third party sponsor will need to provide, the sponsor will need to provide evidence of their ability to give you this amount on a monthly basis, e.g. as well as bank statements, evidence of income from employment etc.